2010-2011 NBA Thread Take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As disgusted as I am with the officiating, I can't believe that Amare didn't have a shot in the last 2-3 minutes.

As soon as Allen hit the 3, I knew the Knicks (Melo specifically) were gonna shoot for the win and not the tie...smart move would have been to get the ball to Stoudemire and try and get to OT.

i'm not gonna be one of those who are killing carmello for the second half, which many are... but amar'e needed to get the ball more often down the stretch. the celtics can't guard him. once upon a time KG could, he can't anymore. and he's way too athletic for the oversized infant to keep up with.

all that said... any chance of the knicks staying in this series and even potentially winning it all hinges on chauncey billups' knee. they're not deep enough to withstand losing him for the series.

these constant nagging injuries out of chauncey really makes me wonder if they should just let his option expire at the end of the year and look elsewhere.

here's the crazy thing about last night... the knicks played great defense. if they can keep that up, and just tweak things a little to get the ball going through amar'e more down teh stretch, inside out, then they can make some serious noise in these playoffs... provided chauncey is healthy. if billups is out then so are the knicks.

and that was still a bullshit offensive foul call on melo at the end of the game. pierce certainly knows how to flop. must be his LA upbringing.

I watched the game on MSG, but I wonder what Charles Barkley had to say about the Knicks defense.

More like the Miami...

wire2.gif

I love their dismissive, "Oh, the Heat just shoot more free throws because they take it to the basket!" line of thinking, as if the Heat aren't getting way more calls.

Just look at that phantom foul they just called on Hawes.

Whenever I see the Heat playing I have this incredible urge to punch Lebron in the nose.

He could have gone to any number of warm weather cities, so I don't buy that. Dude's just a pussy. A straight up biggity biggity bitch.

He could have gone to any number of warm weather cities, so I don't buy that. Dude's just a pussy. A straight up biggity biggity bitch.

I don't like the way "The Decision" came about, but the NBA needs teams to root for and against. It doesn't need the irrelevant New Jersey Nets, Timberwolves, Raptors, etc. The Heat, with James are a relevant organization.

it amazes me how many teams have a simple flex set as a key part of their offense... friggin middle school teams run this play, and it's still effective at the highest level. i've seen chicago, indiana, new york, boston, san antonio, portland and denver all use it.

it really is a simple game when it's all said and done.

Fuck these referees. Davis just shoved Jeffries 2 feet from the referee and it was Celtics ball.

D'antoni is actually getting killed on twitter, which only goes to prove that new York will never accept him as their coach because they're all artards who are obsessed with the 90's Knicks, a team that failed in every big situation they were ever in. Meanwhile the only knick teams to ever win a title averaged well over 100 points per game with a high paced, uptempo offense.

I mean really now... what would you like him to do with that lineup? He's getting grief for having jeffries in the floor... jeffries just hit a go ahead shot 5 seconds earlier. Does anyone really think d'antoni told melo not to foul ole herp lip? Come on...

How about a little credit for keeping the damn team's heads in the game when they could have easily folded?

The guy will never catch a break.

Yeah, I don't get that reaction. They played very well given the absence of 2/3 of their good players. Nothing to complain about, really. Things just didn't go our way, what can we do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom