2010-2011 NBA Thread Take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheed may come back, so there's always that. Getting rid of Perkins means that they lose one of the only players in the league who can guard Dwight Howard one-on-one, which has always been a tremendous advantage over the Magic. Maybe they felt they were losing Perkins in the off-season anyway and wanted to get some value out of him.

I actually understand, sorts, the perkins deal. The only reason why that was so surprising is because of who perkins is in that locker room, not what he is as a player.

Green and kristic are quality players.

I'm more shocked at the other moves on top of this one. They traded away their depth for a 2nd round pick and cash.

Boston must think Perkins won't get healthy and he's leaving after this year anyway.

...because their window is closing too fast to give up a quality big like Perk. And I don't think Kristic cuts it defensively.

I'm more shocked at the other moves on top of this one. They traded away their depth for a 2nd round pick and cash.

The Daniels move made sense cause it looks as if he is done for the season, his expiring money is no help to the Celts, small help to Sacto, and it frees a roster spot.
The Harangody/Erden move must be a precursor to grabbing bought out players, with Troy Murphy at the top of the list.
Harangody, who I liked a lot at ND and thought was a good value pick in the 2nd round really hadn't panned out, but Erden had shown some positive signs.
We'll have to wait and see when the other shoe drops.

Jeffries is supposedly coming back to NYC. Hmm, I wonder what Carmelo thinks of this.

jeffriescarmelo_display_image.jpg

Fuck me, that was awesome. Probably my favorite win of the year.

Luol and Derrick comin up BIG. Damn.

I was just about to complain about that bonehead. Only 3 players came off the bench today for the Heat... Bosh was in there almost the entire game... and put up 7 points and 9 rebounds. Ugh.

The playoffs are going to be fucking INSANE. Wow. I don't even know if I'll be able to handle it.

Well, yeah, I will be able to. But it's going to be wild. I love this team.

The Daniels move made sense cause it looks as if he is done for the season, his expiring money is no help to the Celts, small help to Sacto, and it frees a roster spot.
The Harangody/Erden move must be a precursor to grabbing bought out players, with Troy Murphy at the top of the list.
Harangody, who I liked a lot at ND and thought was a good value pick in the 2nd round really hadn't panned out, but Erden had shown some positive signs.
We'll have to wait and see when the other shoe drops.

erden was a solid big body off the bench... considering shaq and KG have ongoing health issues, not to mention the MIA that is jermaine o'neal, why they'd want to strip their front court depth is baffling.

the perk deal... i still don't know what to think about that one. getting rid of nate? tremendous... fuck nate robinson, he's a bum. but perkins... i dunno. it's strange because jeff green will be a better player in the future, and might even be a better player right now... and kristic is a very good offensive big in his own right... but just the fact that the lineup of Rondo, Allen, Pierce, KG and Perkins have never lost a playoff series in which all 5 guys were on the court the entire series would be reason enough for me not to play with it.

i bet ya troy murphy never thought he'd have every championship contender and major market team in the league fighting each other for the rights to sign him.

Plus, this:

sqk.gif

Jesus, even Manflop makes sure there's at least a little contact before entering flop mode.
And Bosh is making roughly the same as Lebron and Wade...dude should write a book on illusions, he could teach David Copperfield, David Blaine and Lance Burton a few tricks.

Now that my initial shock has worn off, it's really not a bad trade for the Celtics. They obviously will need to add another player shortly, and hopefully that happens soon, because who knows how much they will get out of the O'Neals come May and June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom