2010-2011 NBA Thread Take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim dolan is still a prick.

Yeah.

Last Knicks game I went to was in 2006, it was the last home game of the reg. season, against Charlotte. Shit game on all fronts. But, I did get surprisingly good seats for $50 a pop. Might be in New York in a few weeks, coinciding again with the last game of the reg. season, which this time is against the Bulls. So much better, on all fronts. The last available seats are in a different section, but the same distance from the court, going for over $600! Instead I might spend that on a suite at the Plaza, get some coke and couple of hookers, lock them in the cupboard and watch the game on TV.

Toney Douglas has to be one of the most inconsistent players in this league.

Earnie Shavers said:
Yeah.

Last Knicks game I went to was in 2006, it was the last home game of the reg. season, against Charlotte. Shit game on all fronts. But, I did get surprisingly good seats for $50 a pop. Might be in New York in a few weeks, coinciding again with the last game of the reg. season, which this time is against the Bulls. So much better, on all fronts. The last available seats are in a different section, but the same distance from the court, going for over $600! Instead I might spend that on a suite at the Plaza, get some coke and couple of hookers, lock them in the cupboard and watch the game on TV.

Just wait till next year... ticket prices are doubling.

They have their first good season since 1999 and this cocksucker doubles the ticket prices. Fuck him and his shitty blues band.

A few things about the above vid...

1. The announcer says Blake Griffin "might get T'ed up as well"...he should have followed that sentence with "and Gortat got Tbagged", would have gotten himself into broadcasters hall of fame

B. Gortat puts both forearms up to ward off Griffin, that should eliminate the charge call and make it a block...otherwise Gortat did a good job establishing position.

Third. Griffin getting a T for showing emotion is ridiculous...he didn't say anything to the ref, had an emotional reaction, and actually went away from the ref...they have taken this crap about showing up officials way too far.

i actually agree with them handing out T's for guys running across the court like a 4 year old who got their toy taking away, because that behavior has trickled down to the high school level as well, and it's kinda ridiculous. a little emotion after a call you disagree with? fine... sprinting half way across the court? nah, that's showing up the ref. that's a T.

and you know how much i hate refs.

Ray's mom consoling Spike Lee last night was pretty amusing...wish I could find a pic but google is failing me.

the knicks have blown since the return of jarred jeffries. i don't think it's necessarily a complete coinkydink. he's an utter embarrassment on the offensive end. other teams don't have to guard him. so that completely kills the spacing, which is really important when you have amar'e and melo on the floor.

d'antoni's got the rest of the season to figure it out... otherwise if i'm jim dolan, and thank god i'm not, i go out and throw a shit load of money at jerry sloan or phil jackson.

Phil returning to New York, huh?

That would be pretty interesting and, now that I think about it, doesn't seem all that crazy.

pg2_g_jackson_400.jpg

Headache in a Suitcase said:
if i'm jim dolan, and thank god i'm not.

Let me get this straight: you don't wish you inherited hundreds of millions of dollars, owned two professional teams and got to keep your job no matter how utterly disastrous you are at it?

Kinda sorta just kicked the living shit out of the Hawks in Atlanta there in that first half.

72 points. Damn.

gump said:
Let me get this straight: you don't wish you inherited hundreds of millions of dollars, owned two professional teams and got to keep your job no matter how utterly disastrous you are at it?

I'd love to have jim dolan's shit, i'd hate to be jim dolan.

We'd have rings and rings and rings if I owned the knicks :wink:

Hey, what are standing room "seats" like? I've never gone that route and want to, as it's a cheap way to bring a British friend to a Bulls game. Should I be wary, though?

Standing room seats at a baseball game mean you watch from anywhere on the concourse that you can stand and see the game. Obviously, though, the baseball park is much better for that than the basketball arena. I'm not sure how it would work there.

At the United Center, they just throw you up top. Only thing is, I'm not sure how I feel about getting there at least an hour early, to make sure that we can actually see. Anybody done this and lived to tell the tale?

Not exactly. I did, however, procure press passes to a Rangers/Whalers game at MSG once, which basically amounted to SRO except they didn't sell SRO. So we moved around, snagging vacant seats when we saw them, until we got ratted on by nearby fans (we were cheering for Hartford, but not obnoxiously at all). I definitely think you'd want to get there early and stake out a good spot...

Never done it for a basketball game, did it for Game 5 of the 2004 ALCS at Fenway. Got there when they opened the gates to nab a good spot (behind grandstand just inside of first base with a railing to lean on, had scoped it out when game 3 which was what I had tix for got rained out and they switched game 3 ticketholders to game 5), and of course the game went extra innings...one of the greatest games to attend, but roughly 7 straight hours on my feet.

lazarus said:
This thread sure gets awful quiet when the Knicks and Celtics aren't playing well.

Certainly has nothing to do with all of our focus placed on the final four...

Honestly I haven't watched one NBA game since selection Sunday. Well... scratch that, I did go to the nets/Celtics game that Monday. But since then I haven't seen a game. That the Knicks and Celtics have blown in that time is merely a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom