2010-2011 NBA Thread Take 2 - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-07-2011, 09:02 AM   #201
ONE
love, blood, life
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 10,049
Local Time: 11:49 PM
Quote:
When the locker room first opened to reporters after the game, Stoudemire and Anthony were bantering and laughing about players on the Miami Heat crying after their loss earlier Sunday to the Chicago Bulls, with Stoudemire fingering Chris Bosh as the watery-eyed one (although Bosh, when asked by reporters in Miami whether he had cried, said he almost had but did not).

"I heard Chris Bosh was crying tears," Stoudemire said.

"Tears?" Anthony asked.

"Yeah, tears," Stoudemire replied.

"Wait 'til I call him, man," Anthony said. "I'll be like: 'What are you doing?'"
__________________

gump is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 10:57 AM   #202
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,733
Local Time: 11:49 PM
__________________

Hewson is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #203
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,914
Local Time: 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
"i told my team i won't continue to fail them"

oh lebron, when will you ever learn.
The sooner he's able to admit that it's a combined effort and not 'his team' (if that's what he means by 'my team'), the quicker the Heat can stop being a laughing stock.

I honestly cannot believe this whole 'my ball' thing might actually become an issue. I thought that was the silliest thing, but there's just got to be some point when you realize that you're just not making those 1-on-5 shots.
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #204
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,914
Local Time: 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
I admitted that's quite embarrassing... but nobody should be getting away with that crap. Including Chris Bosh.
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 01:34 PM   #205
ONE
love, blood, life
 
iron yuppie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,715
Local Time: 10:49 PM
They should review those types of flops after the game and issue fines for the egregious ones.
iron yuppie is online now  
Old 03-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #206
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,914
Local Time: 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
They should review those types of flops after the game and issue fines for the egregious ones.
Or review calls in the final 2 minutes, or something of the sort. Basketball is already enough of a soft man's sport... I think it's ridiculously unsportsmanlike to attempt force a call. Offensively or defensively.

There's one thing when you lean into a defender coming at you. There's another when the defender is standing still and you take a dive at them like LeBron did late in that 4th quarter (and got the call). It's ridiculous.
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #207
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Posts: 69,607
Local Time: 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7

The sooner he's able to admit that it's a combined effort and not 'his team' (if that's what he means by 'my team'), the quicker the Heat can stop being a laughing stock.

I honestly cannot believe this whole 'my ball' thing might actually become an issue. I thought that was the silliest thing, but there's just got to be some point when you realize that you're just not making those 1-on-5 shots.
... says every cleveland cav fan on earth.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 03:50 PM   #208
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Posts: 69,607
Local Time: 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7
Basketball is already enough of a soft man's sport...
Beg your pardon?
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 03:54 PM   #209
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,914
Local Time: 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Beg your pardon?
Zero contact. You break wind with someone in your vicinity and it's a foul. It gets ridiculous at some points.
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 04:16 PM   #210
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,674
Local Time: 10:49 PM
Apparently you're not watching the big men.
Diemen is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #211
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,914
Local Time: 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Apparently you're not watching the big men.
I see the Bosh play. I see the Deng play. The various different attempts to force contact for a whistle instead of playing the game. It's ridiculous.
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #212
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,674
Local Time: 10:49 PM
To a certain extent, trying to draw contact for a whistle is playing the game. Not my favorite part, but hey. Besides, for every flop I'll give you 10 possessions where the bigs are banging around (heh) down there without a call.
Diemen is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #213
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Imperor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 9,045
Local Time: 09:49 PM
It's great for our community how the Heat's foibles seem to come against teams well represented here in the forum. Boston owns them, Chicago made them cry, Dallas sent them to a players only meeting, Orlando made a huge lead evaporate, and Amare swatted the shit out of LeBitch during winning time.

YES WE DID
Imperor is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 04:46 PM   #214
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 09:49 PM
You could throw the Spurs on there for U2@NYC, but he doesn't come around until playoff time. Go figure.
LMP is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #215
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperor View Post
It's great for our community how the Heat's foibles seem to come against teams well represented here in the forum. Boston owns them, Chicago made them cry, Dallas sent them to a players only meeting, Orlando made a huge lead evaporate, and Amare swatted the shit out of LeBitch during winning time.

YES WE DID
The Sixers are 0-2 against them but play them in Miami again on the 25th. If only...
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #216
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
CTU2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,366
Local Time: 11:49 PM
I think we're all being a little hard on the Heatles. You can't expect to throw 3 star players together like that and expect them to click overnight, roll through the league, and win the championship. It takes time...
CTU2fan is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 06:31 PM   #217
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Posts: 69,607
Local Time: 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7

Zero contact. You break wind with someone in your vicinity and it's a foul. It gets ridiculous at some points.
Set foot on the court and tell me there's zero contact. There's more contact on every single possession than you could possibly imagine, and obviously in spots that you would never see nor even know where to look.

A soft man's game? Perhaps you suffer from a similar ailment as your beloved lebron... you don't understand that there's a game going on off the ball.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #218
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,914
Local Time: 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Set foot on the court and tell me there's zero contact. There's more contact on every single possession than you could possibly imagine, and obviously in spots that you would never see nor even know where to look.

A soft man's game? Perhaps you suffer from a similar ailment as your beloved lebron... you don't understand that there's a game going on off the ball.
First off, I was referring to the ball carrier alone and specifically in regards to foul calls. Not what's going on as a whole. If that came off negatively, didn't mean it that way.

Second off, granted I'd play with people my own size, I play hockey. A little bit more than boxing out goes on there.
LuckyNumber7 is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 06:58 PM   #219
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 11:49 PM
As someone who has sprained the arch of his foot (via a big man falling on it and bending it the wrong way), gotten whiplash and broken three fingers and a toe playing basketball ... it's definitely a contact sport.

And I'm a 5'7", 135 pound point guard.
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 07:37 PM   #220
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,674
Local Time: 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
First off, I was referring to the ball carrier alone and specifically in regards to foul calls. Not what's going on as a whole. If that came off negatively, didn't mean it that way.

Second off, granted I'd play with people my own size, I play hockey. A little bit more than boxing out goes on there.
You've also got plenty of padding in hockey. No padding in basketball. And there's a little bit more than boxing out going on in basketball, too.

And, damn peef. I've had my share of bruises, sprained ankles, knees, elbows, shoulders, but no broken digits - and I'm usually playing center.
__________________

Diemen is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×