Your favorite autumnal albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, after one listen, I can say that Cosmo's Factory by Creedance Clearwater Revival is a fall album for me.

When you get the time, get around to all the CCR albums, except for the last one, Mardi Gras.

Cosmo's Factory, however, is usually considered the best.

The reason Cosmo's Factory stuck out to me was that I saw somewhere that it had been remastered--is it the only one to have a recent remaster? If so, I might just have to wait for the others (as I wouldn't want to buy something that's going to get remastered soon).

The reason Cosmo's Factory stuck out to me was that I saw somewhere that it had been remastered--is it the only one to have a recent remaster? If so, I might just have to wait for the others (as I wouldn't want to buy something that's going to get remastered soon).

The first six albums were all remastered for the band's 40th anniversary, and these reissues just came out last week. Mardi Gras was the only one that didn't get this treatment, which is no big loss.

Oh cool. Weird that the only one I saw advertised was Cosmo's Factory--maybe because it's regarded as their best?

You were at Best Buy, right? Yeah, I was a bit pissed that they only put that one on sale. And yes, I'm assuming it's because it's considered their best, although I personally think Willy And The Poorboys gives it a run for its money.

five_leaves_left.jpg

PF-tFC.jpg

August and Everything After by Counting Crows has always been one I listen to in the fall. Part of that is because of the title, part is from the music itself.

Would have to agree with Saracene that Tori's The Beekeeper is very autumnal.

Ryan Adams records sound especially good in the fall too. I'd pick Cold Roses as a good one for this time of year.

And finally, AFI's All Hallow's EP usually gets a spin or two from me around this time. :jackolantern:

Calexico's Garden Ruin
Belle & Sebastian's Boy with an Arab Strap
Fleet Foxes

August and Everything After by Counting Crows has always been one I listen to in the fall. Part of that is because of the title, part is from the music itself.

That's one of those albums I have but never gave it a proper listen. I only remember Mr. Jones and Round Here from it. Those are indeed autumnal and so is their other song A Long December, I think from their next one. Although, that's more like wintertime music. :lol:

Would have to agree with Saracene that Tori's The Beekeeper is very autumnal.

Tori Beekeeper of course! Definitely! :yes:

I forget if this has already been mentioned or not but... REM's Document has always sounded like fall music to me. Of course part of it could be that I first listened to the album in it's entirety in the fall of 2000 and some of the songs remind me of that time. Still, songs like Fireplace, Strange and Oddfellows have that autumnal quality to them I think.

That's one of those albums I have but never gave it a proper listen. I only remember Mr. Jones and Round Here from it. Those are indeed autumnal and so is their other song A Long December, I think from their next one. Although, that's more like wintertime music. :lol:

You should definitely dust off August and Everything After and give it a couple listens. I adored that album back in the day, and it still sounds so wonderful to me when I listen to it now. Truly a 90s classic, and I know how you feel about the 90s. :D

You should definitely dust off August and Everything After and give it a couple listens. I adored that album back in the day, and it still sounds so wonderful to me when I listen to it now. Truly a 90s classic, and I know how you feel about the 90s. :D

Dusting off an album sounds so old fashioned! :drool: Too bad, my copy of the album exists only in itunes. :reject: But yeah I'm gonna give it a listen. :yes:

Meddle by Pink Floyd. The touch of melancholy and finality are very autumnal. :up:

A Pillow of Winds is indeed quite autumnal. :drool:

R.E.M. Around the Sun, I like the album a lot actually, for me it's a darker version of the summery Reveal. Also the fact it came out in Sep/Oct 2003 and I had it in heavy rotation that fall.

Okay so I listened to that album again. It's not a bad album but there are too many slow melancholy songs. Round Here is by far the best one I think. Mr. Jones is good of course. But then it takes until track 7, Rain King for it to become upbeat again. I love Rain King, one of my favs. Omaha, Time & Time Again and Sullivan Street are pretty decent too. But the rest I dunno.

Back
Top Bottom