Years Of Refusal - Morrissey - Album/Tour Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

intedomine

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
In September we have the release of another Morrissey album. :hyper:

Years of Refusal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Loving some of these typically Morrissey-esque song titles

Something Is Squeezing My Soul
Because Of My Poor Education
It's Not Your Birthday Anymore
You Were Good In Your Time

Hopefully it will be as cracking as some of his last couple of albums.

"Years of Refusal"? Reminds me of my ex-wife!...hey-oh! :rimshot:

SWEET.

Yeah, You Are The Quarry was great, and I think I liked Ringleader of the Tormentors even more.

Now that is a lyricist we should have brought up earlier.

Morrissey is the benchmark every lyricist should aspire to. No one can write lyrics that can be so depressingly amusing and so agnosingly moving.

The Queen Is Dead :drool:

The World Is Full of Crashing Bores is a brilliant lyric, and so damned astute. You Are the Quarry is really a brilliant album.

I'm definitely looking forward to this album

I'm seeing him live tomorrow, so should get to hear a few of the new tracks :hyper:

I adore Morrissey's lyrics, I can't say though that I ever found them moving. Which probably has more to do with his mannered singing and the general feeling of aloofness I get from the man.

For the most part I agree, but I find some of the stuff on Vauxhaull & I very moving. Particularly Used to Be A Sweet Boy, which sounds very autobiographical.

For the most part I agree, but I find some of the stuff on Vauxhaull & I very moving. Particularly Used to Be A Sweet Boy, which sounds very autobiographical.

I Have Forgiven Jesus works in a similar fashion. Anyone with even a slightly cynical leaning will be hard-pressed not to relate to Morrissey.

I Have Forgiven Jesus works in a similar fashion. Anyone with even a slightly cynical leaning will be hard-pressed not to relate to Morrissey.

I don't think I'm cynical but I always found the over-the-top self-pity in this song almost comical, which makes it hard to take it seriously - whether the song is autobiographical or not.

I don't think I'm cynical but I always found the over-the-top self-pity in this song almost comical, which makes it hard to take it seriously - whether the song is autobiographical or not.
The whole point is to not really be able to take it seriously, haha.

Anyway, I've been waiting for this album since the first friggin new Alain Whyte tunes started being played on tour.
When it was announced month or two ago I was all leik : WOO, BETTER BE RELEASED ON MY BIRTHDAY. And I am still like that today! :angry: :hyper:

I so can't wait to hear ACTION MAN! There's no way that song can't be awesome.
Mama Lay Softly on the Riverbed is easily the best of what's been played on tour. :drool:
Ghad I love him.

In September we have the release of another Morrissey album. :hyper:

Years of Refusal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Loving some of these typically Morrissey-esque song titles

Something Is Squeezing My Soul
Because Of My Poor Education
It's Not Your Birthday Anymore
You Were Good In Your Time

Hopefully it will be as cracking as some of his last couple of albums.

Yeah, those titles are certainly classic Morrissey. :lol:

Vauxhall & I :drool: I still listen to that one on occasion.

Your Arsenal FTW.

Have any of you ever read 'How Soon is Never?'. You should. You REALLY should.

:up: x kajillions

I saw him last night and he was incredible; he played 4 new songs and they sounded great; I have a video of one of them if any of you want to see it?

I saw him last night and he was incredible; he played 4 new songs and they sounded great; I have a video of one of them if any of you want to see it?
How awesome was that Buzzcocks cover eh?! I saw a vid of it the other night, pleased me immensely.

The cover is fantastic

147851.yearsofrefusal250.jpg

I remember when that picture showed up online months ago, there was so much outcry

You just gotta love the baby's expression and fingers, it's class

Moz looks great there, about ten years younger than he did on recent tours. Of course, that may just be due to the wonders of photo editing.

Can't wait for the album - the last two have been colossal, but I'm not a fan of that album cover. A bit bland.

Here's a slightly bigger picture.

image001.jpg

I want a large one to use as a background, I love this pic.

Back
Top Bottom