Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Mosquito

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He produced It's Blitz too and did a fantastic job.

Really excited to hear this, will do so soon.

That opening couplet is pretty weak, but the melody is so pure and simple that it works.

And the chorus is an earworm and I really dig the choir ending.

Welcome back.

Sounds like the Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds covering Dull Life, with a gospel choir. Really dark and bluesy, but insistent and kinda catchy. I like it a lot.

Album tracklist:

01 Sacrilege
02 Subway
03 Mosquito
04 Under the Earth
05 Slave
06 These Paths
07 Area 52
08 Buried Alive [ft. Dr. Octagon]
09 Always
10 Despair
11 Wedding Song

Zero might be one of my favorite lead singles ever. I wasn't a big YYYs fan before that track knocked me flat on my ass.

Word.

Zero is a definite career highlight. That song rules so hard. It's just so immediate, and in your face, and infectious, and fun. Love the music video, too.

Maps seemed far bigger than Zero in regards to reception. That song was everywhere.

Oh, absolutely. I wasn't comparing the two. Didn't mean to convey that Zero was bigger. Just that it's easily one of the best things they've done.

Get yr leather on, mofo.

Both are good.

I know I've mentioned it a number of times in the past, but I highly recommend the IS IS EP.

I was surprised that Heads Will Roll ended up being bigger than Zero. I thought Zero had a more memorable hook.

Heads Will Roll's club mix caught on fire, so it's no surprise.

The amount of times I heard "OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF WITH YOUR HEAD" or "THE MEN CRY OUT THE GIRLS CRY OUT THE MEN CRY OUT THE GIRLS CRY OUT" in clubs at the time was ridiculous.

I still hear it here and there. There's like twenty different remixes at this point. I haven't really liked any of them.

Back
Top Bottom