Yahoo's Top 15 Albums By Women

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. Girls Aloud - Chemistry
2. Girls Aloud - What Will the Neighbours Say?
3. Girls Aloud - The Sound of the Underground
4. Girls Aloud - Tangled Up
5. Taylor Swift - Taylor Swift
6. Carole King - Tapestry
7. Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head
8. Michelle Branch - Spirit Room
9. Miranda Lambert - Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
10. Britney Spears - Oops! I did it Again
11. Sugababes - Change
12. Ashlee Simpson - Autobiography
13. Carrie Underwood - Some Hearts
14. Miley Cyrus - Breakout
15. Fiona Apple - Tidal

1. The Dreaming by Kate Bush (the best album ever in my opinion)
2. Little Earthquakes by Tori Amos
3. Floating In The Night by Julee Cruise
4. Hounds of Love by Kate Bush
5. Aerial by Kate Bush
6. From The Choirgirl Hotel by Tori Amos
7. Under The Pink by Tori Amos
8. The Voice Of Love by Julee Cruise
9. Tidal by Fiona Apple
10. Horses by Patti Smith
11. Kick Inside by Kate Bush
12. Never For Ever by Kate Bush
13. No Angel by Dido
14. Marry Me by St. Vincent
15. American Doll Posse by Tori Amos

Joni Mitchell, Siouxsie Sioux, Bjork, Heart, Annie Lennox, Aimee Mann and others deserve mention as well.

These are the female artists most people should hear not Britney Spears, Madonna, Shania Twain, Mariah Carey and others like them. They perpetuate this negative image of women in music. Good, creative artists have to fight that image. Madonna really is the worst of them. :down:

That's a pretty craptastic list (I love the Dixie Chicks, but two albums by them over many, many other artists they could have picked?), but then again ... it's Yahoo. 'Nuff said. Like they're a credible source of anything, much less musical taste?

1. Girls Aloud - Chemistry
2. Girls Aloud - What Will the Neighbours Say?
3. Girls Aloud - The Sound of the Underground
4. Girls Aloud - Tangled Up
5. Taylor Swift - Taylor Swift
6. Carole King - Tapestry
7. Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head
8. Michelle Branch - Spirit Room
9. Miranda Lambert - Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
10. Britney Spears - Oops! I did it Again
11. Sugababes - Change
12. Ashlee Simpson - Autobiography
13. Carrie Underwood - Some Hearts
14. Miley Cyrus - Breakout
15. Fiona Apple - Tidal

So Girls Aloud are like your Kate Bush, eh?

There's way too much analysis and math involved to end up with such a crappy list.

Scientific methods should result in greatness.

his methods are so obviously flawed that i didn't even bother reading the (no doubt) tragic outcome of this

There's way too much analysis and math involved to end up with such a crappy list.

Scientific methods should result in greatness.

I think the problem is when you try to apply scientific methods to art you end up with ridiculous results because science is objective and art is subjective. This whole thing reminds me of the scene in "Dead Poet's Society" where Robin Williams' character is mocking the English textbook that puts forward this theory of how poetry can be judged my using a mathematical ratio.

I was being silly with my comment; I don't expect science to result in greatness with art.

What a load of crap. Worst list ever.
Can I hear BILLIE HOLIDAY, ARETHA FRANKLIN, JANIS JOPLIN, ETTA JAMES, ELLA FITZGERALD, EVA CASSIDY, NINA SIMONE, JONI MITCHELL...to name but a few.

That list was hilariously bad. The only good thing about it was the Carole King mention.

Ughhhhhh arrghhhhhh :mad:

IMO lists like this, and all those :censored: "Women in Music" special issues only help to cement the idea that women in music are some kind of exotic sideshow to the main event.

I couldn't agree more that the whole idea is just ridiculous. You'd never see a "Top 15 Albums by Men" list or "Top 15 Albums by Black People" tv special. :tsk:

Wow. I'm not a person to get worked up over lists, and I'm really not worked up...but what a bad list! :lol: I think it's sad that there are only 15 slots, yet four are on there twice (Shania Twain, Mariah Carey, The Dixie Chicks, and Britney Spears). I guess that's just how it worked for his formula, but a little more variety would have made the list a little easier to swallow.

Just for fun, some females whose music I enjoy:

~Leona Naess
~Lucinda Williams
~Tegan and Sara
~Beth Orton
~Jenny Lewis
~Feist
~Amy Winehouse
~Liz Phair
~Nellie McKay
~Jem
~Rachael Yamagata