WTF? More pirate theme metal bands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bunbury

Refugee
"Cruise Ship Terror", the new video from New Jersey's thrashing pirates SWASHBUCKLE, can be viewed below. The track comes off the band's Nuclear Blast debut, "Back To The Noose", which is scheduled for release on July 24.

Commented the band: "Arrg, legendary metal music video director David Brodsky (KATAKLYSM, ARSIS, THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER) by chance caught us pirates in the act of looting and pillaging a fine vessel along the seas of the Atlantic. With nary a chance of escape, David bartered passage to dry land in exchange for rendering a motion picture tale of our nautical pilferings."

SWASHBUCKLE was one of three winners of last year's Nuclear Blast MySpace Bands Contest.

The trio will hit Europe hard at Legacy Fest, Metal Dayz Festival and Summer Nights Festival this month in Germany, Switzerland and Austria, respectively. The band is also taking part in the Paganfest USA Part II tour along with labelmates KORPIKLAANI and BLACKGUARD, among others.

For more information, visit Swashbuckle.

swash.jpg

Is viking metal out and is pirate metal the new trend???

Have they done The Crusades yet? I've always thought to myself, there is a period of history just asking for a good guitar solo...

"The Knights Templar" sounds like a pretty good band name... Their songs could be all about raising Antioch and sacking Jerusalem :up:

Have they done The Crusades yet? I've always thought to myself, there is a period of history just asking for a good guitar solo...

"The Knights Templar" sounds like a pretty good band name... Their songs could be all about raising Antioch and sacking Jerusalem :up:

Damn, a solo that combined the suffering of the Damascans and the good-hearted nature of Salah ad-Din to the people of Jerusalem would be enough for even me to convert to those death growl ways.

The Crusades could end up causing a modern metal crusade though, as the Black Metal bands would be singing against the crusaders, while the Christian Metal bands would be singing for them. Bunbury would have no idea who to side with, and would likely just end up crying in a corner.

The Crusades could end up causing a modern metal crusade though, as the Black Metal bands would be singing against the crusaders, while the Christian Metal bands would be singing for them. Bunbury would have no idea who to side with, and would likely just end up crying in a corner.

That or jumping out a window...... arrrr:D

Back
Top Bottom