Worst Song(s) of this year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't listen to the radio anymore, so I probably haven't heard the worst song out there. I will say that pretty much any song that uses that annoying auto-tune feature auto-qualifies for worst-of-year honors.

Learn to sing. If you can't, don't.

YES.

Who the hell started this autotune trend anyway? I know that most rappers can't sing properly to begin with, but the whole point of autotune is that it is meant to be used subtly, not to turn the human voice into a computer. Vocoders? Cool. Talk-boxes? Okay, but only when used with guitars. Autotune? ANNOYING. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP USING IT.

^ I thought it was alright, too AC DC-ish,

All Summer Long makes me cringe as does anything made by Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry. :doh:

I'm happy that U23D won that movie award thing ahead of Hannah Montana 3D :up:

Miley's highly manufactured, as are The Pussycat Dolls. Their song "When I Grow Up" is just awful...it just keeps repeating the same thing over and over. :barf:

Miley's highly manufactured, as are The Pussycat Dolls. Their song "When I Grow Up" is just awful...it just keeps repeating the same thing over and over. :barf:

Except

Miley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pussycat Dolls

actually Metal Machine Music >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pussycat Dolls

Miley Cyrus' lyrics are incredibly cheesy, like been written by a 9-year old. :down:

^ Oh yep, a bit old but still crap, show-offy and pathetic imo. :down: :angry:

Ac/Dc "Rock And Roll Train"

Thank you :up: My brother's played it 54 times on his itunes. As I said in the other thread, the most by-numbers song I've ever heard.

When I Grow Up

Actually, this song takes the cake. Fucking horrible, and I make no apologies for the obscenities.

I see some grown people liking them. :reject:

The normal people :shifty:

By the way, was No One by Alicia Keys this year? Because hearing that song was like getting a nine-inch up against the blackboard.

Also now hate So What by Pink. 3 times today :crazy:

The bad thing about bad songs is how they’re thrown at you in public places where you can’t hide, like shopping malls. It made my year to know that the New Kids on the Block are back. “Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh….the right stuff.” That’s what I heard pumping out of the record store over the weekend, along with their latest 'release.'

I thought Kurt Cobain rid the world of them years ago. :grumpy:

It's too easy to say "Pop Song X" is the worst song of the year. Of what I've actually listened to this year, I'm going to go with Conor Oberst's "I Don't Want to Die (In a Hospital)."

It's a shame Katy Perry's epic hotness is ruined by how bad her music is. With good songs, she could have joined the Pantheon.

Back
Top Bottom