Wild Nothing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The price difference on the Limited and Normal edition of the CD is pretty big.

The price difference on the Limited and Normal edition of the CD is pretty big.

For the vinyl, I've noticed one site with the price at $14 and Amazon's got it for $16, but I don't know that those are the limited edition, so I might just press my luck and buy from Captured Tracks

(Which is pressing my luck anyways because they are the worst label ever.)

Check that. I may have to go with the CD because there's no guarantee there will be a functional download, even if it's offered. I never got my download for Gemini and had to get a friend to burn a CD for me, then rip that CD into iTunes. I'm sure there's no loss of sound quality there... :tsk:

But the song sounds great. And Jack Tatum is scary prolific.

I'm trying to collect everything he's ever released, at least on vinyl, so I'm alllll over this...

Even though, yes, it can't be said enough, Captured Tracks suckkksss

So, these guys are opening for Father John Misty here in July. Just got my tickets. Nocturne is great, but I wonder how it translates live. Looking forward to it anyways.

It translates very well. Much better than Gemini did, I'd say.

That's a strange bill but I would totally go anyway.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it. And it was only 30 dollars. Pretty cool bill, although I agree it's very strange. And it's just two days before the MMJ-Wilco-Dylan bonanza, so it will be a good weekend of music.

It's strange in general because I kinda figured he wasn't doing the opening act thing. He's toured pretty extensively with his own (rather high-caliber) opening act.

Not saying he's too big to be an opening act, I just think it's strange that he's opening for a pretty evenly matched act.

I uh...haven't heard it yet /worstbiggestfanever.

LeMel has though, and he said it was really good. Now that you've reminded me, I'll listen to it in about 20 minutes here.

I :banghead: Forgot :banghead: To :banghead: Order :banghead: The :banghead: Limited :banghead: Edition :banghead:

Well, now I'm devastated about this. Really, really enjoyed it.

Not the best thing they've ever done, it's almost like a side project. Three instrumental tracks, which was surprising. If I were at home listening to them, I would have absolutely loved them, but at work, they were a little dull. The only song on this, though, that I could probably pass on was "Data World".

"Ride" :drool:

nowhere.jpg

Without kanji, I'm reading that as 8 children....y/n?

Ok, looked up what it was. Am Idiot.

Such a cool story. I saw the statue at Shibuya station when I was there, but don't think I ever took a picture.

Had to google it. Dogs are so much better than people.

The dead dog picture on the wiki page was rather unsettling, though. Probably wouldn't have thought twice about a dead human picture.

So, I saw these guys last night and they were really. Unfortunately it was a short set, as they were opening for Father John Misty (who was great, btw). The Nocturne songs sounded great live, despite some mixing issues at the venue. I haven't listened to the new EP, but they played a couple of songs off it that were very good, and quite different from their more tradition shoegaze/dream pop sound. Anyways, a fun show throughout.

I really like the cards that come with the Nocturne vinyl...you can change the cover to suit your liking whenever you feel like it. :up:

The music's great too.

I never did swap it out once I picked a favorite :lol:. And now you can't even see the cover of mine, anyways, cause I still have it in the slip case.

Back
Top Bottom