Wilco - New Album- Star Wars - Free download

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Quality is not great, but you get a sense. The whole DVD is pretty good, though. I love his banter in these small shows.

Cobbler, have you checked the Kicking Television live album? If you are digging their work, I'd say it's pretty essential. And it contains a great Poor Places - Spiders transition.

^ yes

Leaving early unless it's terrible makes me question the sincerity of your fanship, but I'm glad you got a great setlist. :wink:

What happened with your seat is why I'm sometimes reluctant to grab a first row seat when it's offered. Depends on the venue, and the artist. I even wondered about my 2nd row seat for Sufjan but figured people will be sitting quietly.

I cannot abide this leaving early, Cori. You wouldn't have died if you stayed :tsk:

YOU DON'T KNOW THAT! This is America, after all. All sorts of crazy, awful shit happen when there are a bunch of white guys around.

What happened with your seat is why I'm sometimes reluctant to grab a first row seat when it's offered. Depends on the venue, and the artist. I even wondered about my 2nd row seat for Sufjan but figured people will be sitting quietly.

I did politely but firmly tell a tall guy not to stand right in front of me. He got all huffy, like "It's a rock and roll show, lady!"

Get bent, asshole. I know we're all used to passive-aggressive Seattleites, but you mosey past a bunch of people, eventually one of them is going to tell you to keep moving.

I didn't like that version of Sunken Treasure at all. Sounds like one of the Mumford and Sons covering it. Takes all the emotion imbued in the music and vocals and sucks it right out.

I have been meaning to check out Kicking Television though.

I didn't like that version of Sunken Treasure at all. Sounds like one of the Mumford and Sons covering it. Takes all the emotion imbued in the music and vocals and sucks it right out.

Interesting. I mean, I like the fuller sound in the recording, but I think Tweedy does quite well on his own there. I like the extended breaks he adds to the song (and feel it adds to the emotion, rather). To each his own, I guess.

I can't understand what's not to love about this. Plenty of emotion in there. But, yeah, everyone experiences music differently.

"No! In fact, I didn’t even know there was a new Star Wars movie coming out until my lawyer told me."

megaeyeroll.gif

Would love to see someone try to defend this idiotic comment.

I didn't know there was a new Star Wars movie until I read that interview.

That's a great gif though.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So you weren't anywhere near the internet when either of the last two trailers appeared and everyone was freaking out?

I find that hard to believe.

I honestly didn't know there was a new Star Wars movie coming out. I dunno, I guess I don't give a damn so I did not absorb that information. :shrug:

I'm still not clear on how he came up with the title, though.

Tweedy said at the show "I swear I didn't know there was another Star Wars movie coming out when we named it."

Make of that as you will.

People may know Star Wars, Harry Potter, movies exists without nessasarily knowing when each new film is being made or released.

Most of those Over/Under deals (and the majority of Pitchfork's video content, really. Frames? Are you fucking kidding me?) are borderline unwatchable. Mike and El are an obvious exception, but they could moderate Meet The Press and I'd still find it entertaining. Action's was really good too.

Good news: new Wilco album coming up in September.

Bad news: it's called Schmilco.

Back
Top Bottom