Wilco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some new dates:

Aug. 10: Grand Opera House, Wilmington, DE
August 12: Tanglewood, Lenox, MA :rockon:
Aug. 13: McCarren Pool, Brooklyn

How do I find out who the openers are for wilco on their tour. I get to see them in 2 days!!!

Wilco concert last night was so good. Wow... do those guys know how to put on a show. Whoever is going to go see them on this tour is in for a treat.

I leave for St. Louis a week from Tuesday :up:

Nels Cline is probably going to think I'm stalking him by the end of the summer. Every trip I'm taking in the next few months is to see him play, either with Wilco or with his amazing jazz trio the Nels Cline Singers.

If you're in the midwest, check out the Singers in early June--they're hitting Minneapolis, Madison, Chicago, Indianapolis, and Ann Arbor June 1-5, then Charlottesville, VA, June 6 and Montreal June 8. I saw them down in NYC last weekend, and I think it was the finest night of live music I've ever seen. They were mind-blowing.

I was already seeing them Sunday night, but I might be hitting up the Monday show now, too.

Huzzah.

Dalton said:
Does anyone have good cover art for the Chicago shows?

nagel07.gif

Hey, if Nagel was good enough for Duran Duran, who is Wilco to judge?

Last edited:
The only recent show I have artwork for is the Philadelphia show. LemonMelon sent me a very cool insert for that show. :up:

I can't wait to see these guys again next week. They're the best live band around right now, IMO. They've been playing a lot more requests on this leg, too--not just the popular ones, but ones only one or two people have requested via the website.

I wrote a letter to Nels Cline a few months ago, and he actually wrote back. When I saw him play in New York a few weeks ago, I got a chance to talk with him, and he greeted me by name. It was pretty damn cool.

Great show tonight, as always. Man, I love these guys.

I'm trying to justify (financially) going to tomorrow's too. We shall see.

Well, considering I've seen them more than I've seen any other band (4 times, tied with Coldplay) and I'm seeing them again at Lollapalooza this year, I might have to take a pass. I could use that 40 bones in my pocket after buying drinks at the show and a pretty nice dinner for a pretty nice young lady beforehand.

I got back late last night from the three shows in St. Louis. What a wild trip. I was front row all three nights and got to talk with the whole band Friday and Saturday. All three shows were excellent, but Saturday's was by far the best of the bunch--they played 30 songs and rocked out the whole night.

I have a bunch of pictures--I'll post a few once I get them uploaded.

Hoodoo Voodoo?

:up:

They played it both Friday and Saturday. I think that was from Saturday.

These boys know how to put on a show, as you all well know. This was probably the best trip I ever took. I've got a ticket to see them at Tanglewood, but I'm also trying to scrounge up a ticket to catch them in Wilmington, Delaware, a few days before that.

Tweedy always has good jackets. :love:

Is he doing the Tweedy scream in that picture? Huh? Well? IS HE??

Those of you who've been around Bang and Clatter for a long time probably remember my not so positive feelings towards Wilco...

Well, a few weeks ago I was driving with my parents and they recently got a new car that came with Sirius. A Wilco song came on that I REALLY liked (you have no idea how hard this is for me to admit :wink: ), and I have absolutely no clue what it was. Do they have a "recent" single?

Those of you who've been around Bang and Clatter for a long time probably remember my not so positive feelings towards Wilco...

Well, a few weeks ago I was driving with my parents and they recently got a new car that came with Sirius. A Wilco song came on that I REALLY liked (you have no idea how hard this is for me to admit :wink: ), and I have absolutely no clue what it was. Do they have a "recent" single?

:shocked:

mofo likes Wilco, na na na na boo boo :dancing:

Gives us a line, a word, a rhyme, somethin

I honestly can't remember anything about it at this point, as I probably tried to wipe the experience from my memory. :wink:

The station I was listening to was mainly playing what seemed like "recent' singles from indie type bands, so I assume the Wilco track was relatively recent as well.

So it's probably from the new record which is just perfect, because it means we can continue disagreeing about Wilco, since I don't like the new record much (I mean, it's okaaay, but my least favorite Wilco record...others here love it, though). :lol: But hey, whatever works. Also, I guess the "new" record hasn't been "new" for, like, a really long time now.

I never listen to the radio so I don't know what the single is. We must find out. We need a contest to find the one and only Wilco song mofo likes! Some clever person, quick, get going on that. What are you waiting for? Hurry!

Tweedy always has good jackets. :love:

Is he doing the Tweedy scream in that picture? Huh? Well? IS HE??

He wore that jacket for the first Wilco show I ever saw. I'll spare you all from the ridiculous happy pictures of me with him and Nels from Friday.

Jeff did the Tweedy scream a whole lot Friday night since they played Can't Stand It and Hoodoo Voodoo.

They're treating Walken and Hate It Here sort of like singles, even though neither of them is officially one. It wouldn't surprise me if Impossible Germany and You Are My Face are getting some radio play, too, here and there.

Back
Top Bottom