What album did you last listen to from start to finish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. That's a good call. I might have to do that one pretty soon, too.

I was at work and it had been a rough day and a lot of people had gone home already....so I was able to make it louder than normal and listen....2 people came into my office during "Out Ta Get Me" to rock the fuck on out with me.

Arcadhianonstabian - El Para?so No Está Bien

amazing album

before that...

Final Days Society - Noise passes, silence remains

(first time, great band)

I never get tired of post-rock sound

The Stage Names - Okkervil River
3x

It's called cramming before the exam. You know who you are.

Quadrophenia, disc 2. There's some great stuff on there, definitely, but I don't know. It didn't grab my balls, metaphorically, like I thought it would.

By the way Lemel, what is Here Come the Warm Jets like? (great transition there...) Is his solo stuff good? Like early morning chill type music, or the Low-instrumental kind of stuff? I'm intrigued.

By the way Lemel, what is Here Come the Warm Jets like? (great transition there...) Is his solo stuff good? Like early morning chill type music, or the Low-instrumental kind of stuff? I'm intrigued.

It definitely leans more towards the jagged art-rock tracks on Low, but it's not as studied and palatable as that record. However, there are great melodies to be heard and, yes, some moments you can chill to. But it's definitely more Lodger than Low. "Baby's On Fire", for instance, features what has become one of my all-time favorite guitar duets. It's very badass.

If you want ambient chill-out music, go for Another Green World. Just about every song is akin to the more ambient moments of Low, but much shorter and easy to digest. I prefer it to Here Comes The Warm Jets, given the choice, but they're not really comparable.

It definitely leans more towards the jagged art-rock tracks on Low, but it's not as studied and palatable as that record. However, there are great melodies to be heard and, yes, some moments you can chill to. But it's definitely more Lodger than Low. "Baby's On Fire", for instance, features what has become one of my all-time favorite guitar duets. It's very badass.

If you want ambient chill-out music, go for Another Green World. Just about every song is akin to the more ambient moments of Low, but much shorter and easy to digest. I prefer it to Here Comes The Warm Jets, given the choice, but they're not really comparable.

Cool man thanks I think I'll check them out :up: Always wanted to see what the man was like himself before he moved into production.

Cool man thanks I think I'll check them out :up: Always wanted to see what the man was like himself before he moved into production.

Funny, I was going to put down Brian Eno - Ambient 4: On Land as my last fully listened to album when I saw your posts. I think Eno's stuff really depends on what you're into because it's quite varied. For me, Another Green World is his best stuff because it's a really good mix of song-based tunes and some brilliant pieces of ambient work, whereas I like parts of, but am not overly keen on, the earlier Taking Tiger Mountain (By Strategy) (great title by the way), which has some great tracks but is more traditional in its song structures. Two of his ambient albums are definitely worth listening to - Ambient 1: Music for Airports and Ambient 4: On Land if you're into that kind of concept, the mix of art and music, and willing to take the leap to absorb Eno's concept behind what he does - creating imaginary spaces through sound. But if you want a good starting point and a mix between the two, I'd go for Another Green World - which is, to my mind, one of the greatest albums ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom