Watch the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas Webcast Tonight (Dec 14)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ashley = owned.

I really do like this track, quite a lot. A catchy melody on Sam's Town? That simply shouldn't be allowed; they're SIRIUS musicians now, after all.

Ashley = owned.

I really do like this track, quite a lot. A catchy melody on Sam's Town? That simply shouldn't be allowed; they're SIRIUS musicians now, after all.

I called it as soon as I saw that stupid skeleton on the stage :grumpy:

I know I've said before that I think I would've liked the song if it hadn't been on Sam's Town, but I'm starting to think even that is not true. I mean otherwise why would I dislike it...now for example?

I called it as soon as I saw that stupid skeleton on the stage :grumpy:

I know I've said before that I think I would've liked the song if it hadn't been on Sam's Town, but I'm starting to think even that is not true. I mean otherwise why would I dislike it...now for example?

Because it took a slot away from Read My Mind?

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYYY :rockon:

Well Shock and Awe.

I'll be a tad disappointed if they don't play Read My Mind and Mr. Brightside, but over all this has been pretty kick ass, so I won't complain.

Now this is a bass line. It's always been the thing that stood out the most for me on this song. Fuckin kickass bass line.

The bass really didn't feel like it was there as much as it should've, otherwise I enjoyed it.

Is this the song from Spiderman?

ETA: oh wait no, it's that Joy Division song.

I still haven't decided if I like, or absolutely hate, this cover.

It's hard to live up to classics.

It's a Joy Division cover, 'Shadowplay'. I believe it was recorded for Control.

I like this cover. Plenty of bass, which Ian Curtis would have approved of.

The problem is that everything great about the original they straight up just copy over, and everything lame and questionable is what they decided to add themselves.

I don't know. I go back and forth on whether I think it's a good cover or not.

The problem is that everything great about the original they straight up just copy over, and everything lame and questionable is what they decided to add themselves.

I don't know. I go back and forth on whether I think it's a good cover or not.

What, like the synth-heavy ending? I hated that. And their version doesn't have much atmosphere either.

I'm not entirely sure myself...I guess I just like hearing Joy Division in strange places.

Back
Top Bottom