Washed Out debut album - July 12th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You did. I'm really impressed with my first listen. I have no idea what the sites out there giving relatively mediocre ratings were thinking (aside from DB's "chillwave is dead" commentary).

You did. I'm really impressed with my first listen. I have no idea what the sites out there giving relatively mediocre ratings were thinking (aside from DB's "chillwave is dead" commentary).

I really don't get it either. I didn't read the review but saw that Pitchfork gave it a 7.4. Definitely surprising.

Popmatters' score was virtually identical. Then again, sometimes I think they wait to see Pitchfork's score before putting theirs up. Tinymixtapes was even worse. Allmusic and Drowned in Sound like it a lot though.

I ordered the album from the website yesterday, so it still counts as a pre-order and it says it's a pre-order item in my receipt. However, I'm kind of worried I won't get the 7" single and/or the green clear version of the LP. What frustrates me is that the Sub Pop website says "you will receive" both of those things if you pre-order yet the paragraph then goes on to say that your chances of getting them are better if your order sooner. Well, don't promise stuff like it's guaranteed and then not hand them out...if they had said "you may receive" for both of those things, that would be acceptable. Otherwise, I'll feel like I paid about six bucks more than buying it from Amazon with nothing extra to show for it.

And if I don't get the green Loser Edition vinyl, I won't be gutted. Really want the 7" though.

They usually update the posts when they sell out of the LEs or run out of bonus goodies. I think you're in the clear.

They usually update the posts when they sell out of the LEs or run out of bonus goodies. I think you're in the clear.

That's certainly what I'm assuming. It would be a very poor business decision otherwise because, again, they guaranteed said items on the page.

It would also be pretty stupid to run out of pre-order bonuses when the stuff is being pressed like a week or two out. So if they had 2,000 pre-orders two weeks ago, then they would know to press enough green vinyl/7" to satisfy, say, 3,000 pre-orders for their website (and of course, there's even more than that made since the stores will have the green vinyl as well).

I got the FJM and Shearwater LEs after their respective release date, and with no info on the edition size or if it's sold out, I'd have to assume everything is still available. The LEs I've seen sell out (Beach House and Postal Service) definitely were changed on the website to reflect they were gone.

I've also never seen a LE in store, which is unfortunate for this Dum Dum Girls fanatic.

That seemed to be the basic premise of the Pitchfork review: good album from a dead genre. Anyway, definitely in my top 5 for the year, and it's been a very good year.

I've also never seen a LE in store, which is unfortunate for this Dum Dum Girls fanatic.

When I saw Shearwater live, I was going to buy the album from their merch table, but they wanted like $25 for it, so I got on Reckless' website to see how much they wanted. Not only was it way cheaper, but it was the LE as well. So I've never seen one IN the store, but I know that it was in a store at one point.

I don't own any green vinyls :hmm:

Very good year indeed. This year's top 15 is going to be impossible for me, and I still have U2, Pearl Jam and Arcade Fire to look forward to.

Alright, there must have been fuck all for preorders cause there are only 250 of these 45s and I got one despite ordering way late in the game. Sub Pop also threw in about 30 stickers so thanks guys?

Anyway, sounds great and I love the green. Looking forward to digging right into this bad boy.

It's pretty close to the same shade as the Bowie record, actually.

showpic.aspx

I've kinda been out of it on getting new music for a couple months. Buying a house and going on vacation have been major factors. But I just ordered this. Should be here by Friday! Waiting til then to hear it.

Back
Top Bottom