Washed Out debut album - July 12th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Before is all that makes me hesitate in rating this album even higher than I already do. :lol:

Amor Fati is totally one of the best songs of the year though.

Yeah, Amor Fati's pretty hard to forget. And it was the only track that got some JJJ playtime.

I have one of those white Washed Out shirts that you can get on the Subpop site, I've only worn it once because I'm afraid of getting tosh all over it.

glad this thread got bumped. i'd still say this album will rank as my favorite release this year.

Russian Circles have got a lock on my #1 for 2011, but Within And Without will easily make the top five. Listened to this heaps.

Though I must admit, having known You And I for so long before the album came out, I can't help but feel like it's out of place. To me, this feels like a six track EP (Eyes Be Closed through to Before), followed by a three-track You And I single. I'm sure it doesn't actually sound out of place, but I used to have a playlist on my iPod that was just High Times with You And I at the start, and I still haven't quite got used to hearing it in the album context.

Washed Out Announces New Album, Paracosm | News | Pitchfork

Washed Out's Ernest Greene is back at it, prepping the release of his sophomore album. Paracosm, the follow-up to 2011's Within and Without, is out on August 13 through Sub Pop. The first single will be "It All Feels Right". Other tracks include "Great Escape", "Don't Give Up", "All I Know", "Falling Back", "Weightless", and "All Over Now".

This time, he's trying to shake the chillwave chains, using an array of 50 different instruments, plus samples, according to a press release. The album was produced by Ben Allen (Animal Collective, Deerhunter, Gnarls Barkley), who also produced Within and Without.

Watch a trailer for the album:

Washed Out - Paracosm (Official Album Trailer) - YouTube

902_zps03e33c8a.gif

The album doesn't pick up steam until "All I Know" which is an absolute beast. From there, it's a complete knockout. Maybe the first few tracks will grow on me, but they sound like the typical stuff he does when he's coasting...regardless, I need to buy this thing just for the last half of the record.

Where my Loser Edition at, Sub Pop? I wanna join in on the listening party.

Back
Top Bottom