Washed Out debut album - July 12th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i have contacted a private investigator to solve the puzzle on who here actually heard Washed Out first. if you find someone going through your garbage at 2am, don't worry. i sent him.

so far my private investigator thinks that someone in PLEBA is the first one to hear Washed Out, but they didn't pay attention because they were drooling over a picture of Larry's towel caught by another fan on Facebook.

Sub Pop is saying this isn't even going to ship until its release date, which is absolute duckbutter. I never had a DP label behave like this.

Back when I used to buy what seemed like 60%+ of everything Sub Pop released, it was a pretty normal thing to receive albums from them a few days before they released if you bought directly from the label's store. No clue if that's still the case or not.

It actually now says that it has already shipped, so the Emerald City will not have its cattle rustled after all.

These reviews so far have been something approaching ludicrous. Why not just review the album instead of trying to posit "chillwave" as some kind of objective, anachronistic entity that is barely clinging to life? This one is particularly awful:

Washed Out - Within and Without | Music Review | Tiny Mix Tapes
The first paragraph is disturbingly reminiscent of a classic Onion article:
Pitchfork Gives Music 6.8 | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Also, the single most pretentious sentence ever written:
Tiny Mix Tapes said:
Despite the inevitable and rather unjust critical backlash, the Freudian gender policing inherent in the critical opprobrium that soon rained down upon these (mostly male) starry-eyed and hopeless romantics, there was not a small amount of work produced at this time which was deeply affective/effective.

These reviews so far have been something approaching ludicrous. Why not just review the album instead of trying to posit "chillwave" as some kind of objective, anachronistic entity that is barely clinging to life? This one is particularly awful:

Washed Out - Within and Without | Music Review | Tiny Mix Tapes

I read about four lines and then stopped when it got to Freud. Reviews like that make me angry. There are plenty of wankers in the world, but then there are people who write shit like that. :down:

I couldn't give two fucking shits if chillwave "died". The album's good. End of fucking story :shrug:

People definitely spend way too much time obsessing over subgenres and the like.

there's a bonus track? sweet!

yeah,the whole genre thing is rediculous. i feel like we all just need to go back to:

Rock
Country
Rap
Pop
Spoken Word

and that's it.

The thing that I really don't understand is why so many reviews are treating 2009 as though it belongs in some kind of time capsule. One would think that it was 100 years ago.

The thing that I really don't understand is why so many reviews are treating 2009 as though it belongs in some kind of time capsule. One would think that it was 100 years ago.

I'm chalking it up as yet another reason why I've stopped paying attention to music reviews.

So I'm not allowed to listen to this? This is why no one should listen to leaks; these memos don't come along with the download. I'm embarrassed now...

CD in hand. Sounds even better now.

I like the picture of the tree that's on the CD better than the cover.

I am jealous.

I'm sure I will like any piece of artwork included more than the cover. :wink:

No one should take kindly to a band using a picture from Cosmo as their album cover.

Meanwhile, on a Texas doorstep:

tumbleweed.jpg

If it's any consolation to Imps and 1bl00dz, my copy arrived, but my parents were visiting, and I had to spend my entire evening with family. How dare they ruin my music listening time?!

Back
Top Bottom