Viva La Vida is a plagiarism!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boys, there is something I don't understand. Personnally, it was the first time for me of talking of coldplay here, nor have I ever took part in other threads, so I don't know what you have been talking about them in other threads, but I kinda understand it is an on old discussion. I got sent this file of a friend of mine and I posted it here just for curiousity. What I don't understand is this: why should you comment so bored when you're bored with this theme, acting like someone is hitting you with a whip? Just don't post, ain't it simple? When you don't like a song, just skip forward.........

here's a wild and crazy idea, why not post this in THE COLDPLAY THREAD!!!

I would have still rolled my eyes (because I'm getting tired of these Coldplay bashing threads :yawn: ) but I at least wouldn't have to look at another thread clogging up the forum...

I actually think all these songs have a melody that sounds similar. Take a listen:

"Even The Nights Are Better" Air Supply :54 to 1:25

Even The Nights Are Better - Air Supply (HQ Audio) - YouTube

"The Songs I didn't Write" Creaky Boards :37 to 1:25

creaky boards - the songs i didn't write - YouTube

"Viva La Vida" Coldplay 1:13 to 1:40

Coldplay - Viva La Vida (Song of the Year) Official Alternate Music Video - YouTube

"If I could Fly" Joe Satriani :49 to 1:15

Joe Satriani - If I Could Fly - YouTube

Do you have boxscores for Joe Satriani?

No, but I might have some for Air Supply and of course Coldplay. :wink:

I'm not really sure how Joe Satriani has faired on the touring front. I don't think he has ever made the top 35 weekly Billboard Boxscore chart, but he may have popped up on the online chart which is much more extensive and sometimes gets posted.

Plagiatin' fucker, Chris Martin..

Are you sure he is guilty? What about Air Supply and Creaky Boards? Did Joe Satriani take from them? Or perhaps this simply all coincidence. There are probably even more songs that have nearly the same or similar melody.

Back
Top Bottom