Uncool Music Appreciation ~ Episode 3 ~ Bryan Adams Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I much prefer DJ Sammy’s version of Heaven.

Me too - the piano version, not the dance remixes

As for Bryan Adams, I do like "Everything I Do...", even if it is a cheesy love song

Pearl :hi5:

:lol: I just thought of another Bryan Adams song I really liked, but as it has not been mentioned in the thread yet, I'm too embarrassed to say what it is.

Ah the guessing game begins... When You're Gone with that spice girl? :p

Another good thing about Bryan Adams is that he's Canadian. :hyper:

Favorite Bryan Adams songs:

It's Only Love
One Night Love Affair
Somebody
Run To You
Summer of 69
Cuts Like A Knife
This Time (great song!)

VP, that song I'm Ready was really nice! I hadn't heard it before. At the end of that clip, the song that starts playing... Back To You, I've always liked that song too. I posted it in the first post.

VP, that song I'm Ready was really nice! I hadn't heard it before. At the end of that clip, the song that starts playing... Back To You, I've always liked that song too. I posted it in the first post.

Yeah, it's a really great version, isn't it? Very pretty and haunting. And maybe someone with better knowledge than me can confirm, but is that a tin whistle?

Eta - I've watched this a couple of times since I posted it, now. I'd forgotten how much I like it. :drool:

Heaven is embarrassing to hear now.

Aw man... it's a love song. I like it for what it is. I agree that it's not great songwriting or anything. But we don't see too many innocent love songs like these anymore. I like a few of the lyrics...

Oh - once in your life you find someone
Who will turn your world around
Bring you up when you're feeling down

Aw man... it's a love song. I like it for what it is. I agree that it's not great songwriting or anything. But we don't see too many innocent love songs like these anymore. I like a few of the lyrics...

Oh - once in your life you find someone
Who will turn your world around
Bring you up when you're feeling down

Psst, Zoots? Elton John's The One. :wink:

You listed that as one you like by him in another thread, right?

We should have love song survivor. lol

I remember that one of the first things I ever heard about Ryan Adams was that he lost his shit when someone yelled out and requested that he play Summer of '69 at one of his shows. Don't know if it's true or not, but it makes me laugh when I think about it.

The other piece of trivia I like about those two is that, apart from having almost the same name, they also share their birthday (November 5). They weren't born in the same year though. :)

I remember that one of the first things I ever heard about Ryan Adams was that he lost his shit when someone yelled out and requested that he play Summer of '69 at one of his shows. Don't know if it's true or not, but it makes me laugh when I think about it.
This is true, I saw it myself when he played a club in Melbourne in about 2000. He really chucked a fruity, asked for the bloke to identify himself and for security to throw him out. The rest of us laughed, as you do :wink:

This is true, I saw it myself when he played a club in Melbourne in about 2000. He really chucked a fruity, asked for the bloke to identify himself and for security to throw him out. The rest of us laughed, as you do :wink:

Okay, yeah, that would have been about when I heard about it, too! The offender got tossed in my version as well.

God, who enters the music industry with a name that's one letter off another internationally known performer, and then doesn't expect some allusions to him having practically the same name as the other performer? I remember thinking at the time "this guy must be a giant douche." Little did I know... lol

Psst, Zoots? Elton John's The One. :wink:

You listed that as one you like by him in another thread, right?

We should have love song survivor. lol

OMG we should!! I really love Elton John's The One. I don't know... more than the lyrics, I appreciate the music/melody first, when it comes to anything. Maybe that's why sometimes the sappy lyrics don't bother me. I'm probably making a total fool of myself by admitting to liking these love songs. But eh.. it's not like I care anyway. Otherwise I won't be making these threads.

Oh btw MrPryck, after making the Phil Collins thread I went and looked at your Top 100 albums list. No Jacket Required and... wasn't Reckless in there too? And GNR Illusion as well... I like your music taste! :hi5:

Never really liked Bryan Adams much. Heaven was done better by DJ Sammy, as others have agreed.

Though I really like Let's Make It A Night To Remember. Nostalgia's power maybe, but it's always been enjoyable for me, since it first came out, and penetrated the Aussie charts.

His duet with Mel C was OK too....

One of the very first albums I ever bought was Reckless. I still have that cassette somewhere because I never throw anything away.

The only songs of his I can listen to nowadays without cringing are This Time and Cuts Like A Knife. They've held up pretty well.

:love: :yippie: :hyper:

Great thread!!! I'm loving the UMAs!

Bryan Adams is great, have a look, Waking up the Neighbours and Reckless both made my top 50, Neighbours is one of my all-time favourites, I grew up on it. Fantastic album with a high number of ripping songs!!

Vanishing, House Arrest, Hey Honey I'm Packin You In, Can't Stop THis THing....

How can we not forget the ultimate pop music mindfuck of Rod Stewart, Sting and, yes, Bryan Adams? Together, these men joined forces to give us All For Love from the Three Musketeers movie soundtrack. The world hasn't recovered since.

I nominate Rod Stewart for the next UMA. :hyper:

While MrPryck has named yet another of my favorites, Zootles, I just want you to know, THE ONE has still not been named.

How can we not forget the ultimate pop music mindfuck of Rod Stewart, Sting and, yes, Bryan Adams? Together, these men joined forces to give us All For Love from the Three Musketeers movie soundtrack. The world hasn't recovered since.

Haha I remember that song!

I nominate Rod Stewart for the next UMA. :hyper:

I thought we were doing April Wine next.

Next up: This band's first album with, what I think is one of the coolest album covers in rock history, was released on March 14, 1980.

:hi5: Coming up in an hour or so. Maybe sooner. :wink: Btw, who's April Wine? :scratch:

While MrPryck has named yet another of my favorites, Zootles, I just want you to know, THE ONE has still not been named.

:lol:!! :hmm:....... is it that one from the Spirit movie? I know he did something for that soundtrack but I don't know the name of the songs.

Back
Top Bottom