Travis Barker critically injured in plane crash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
4 dead and 2 injured as rock stars plane crashes

COLUMBIA, S.C. - A Learjet has crashed while departing from a South Carolina airport, killing four people and critically injuring two others including a former member of rock band Blink 182.

NBC News reported that Travis Barker, an ex-drummer with the band who also starred in MTV reality show "Meet the Barkers", was among those hurt. He was transported to a burn center in Augusta, Georgia, where he was listed in critical condition on Saturday morning.

Barker had performed Friday night at an event alongside Perry Farrell, the former Jane's Addiction singer, as well as Gavin DeGraw and DJ AM.

Hospital officials later confirmed that DJ AM, whose real name is Adam Michael Goldstein, had also been admitted to the burn unit in critical condition.

It was not clear whether Farrell and DeGraw were also traveling with Barker.

Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen said the plane carrying six people was departing shortly before midnight Friday from Columbia when air traffic controllers reporting seeing sparks. She said the plane went off the runway and crashed on a nearby road.

Bergen said the Lear 60 was headed to Van Nuys, California. She was unable to confirm the names of who was on board.

Oh my, hope they make a full and speed recovery

TMZ is reporting:

Sources tell us Travis Barker and DJ AM saved their own lives after their plane crashed by jumping out the door of the burning plane, almost immediately after the small jet came to a halt.

Last I heard three of the four people who died have been identified as the pilot, the co-pilot, and Travis' assistant, but I'm not sure who the 4th was

AP Report:

4 killed in SC plane crash; drummer, DJ injured

9 minutes ago
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — South Carolina officials say four California residents died in the fiery Learjet crash that also critically injured former Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker and celebrity DJ AM.
The Lexington County coroner said Saturday that pilot Sarah Lemmon of Anaheim Hills and co-pilot James Bland of Carlsbad died. Also killed were passengers Chris Baker, 29, of Studio City, and Charles Still, 25, of Los Angeles.
Authorities say the plane carrying six people was departing shortly before midnight Friday when air traffic controllers reporting seeing sparks. The plane headed for Van Nuys, Calif., went off a runway, through a fence and crashed on a nearby road.
Barker and DJ AM, whose real name is Adam Goldstein, were in critical condition at a burn center in Augusta, Ga.

This is horrible news. My heart goes out to the families of the deceased and injured. From the photos of the wreckage I can't even begin to imagine how Barker and DJ escaped that fiery mess. Very very sad. I hope the 2 in critical condition make it to full recovery. Really sad too, Travis sports some gnarly tattoos. A fiery accident will certainly ruin those but I'd rather be thankful to be alive than to sport some cool body art work.

ETA:
TMZ has learned Travis Barker has been burned from the waist down, but he is expected to survive the plane crash. DJ AM's face was severely burned and is being tended to right now.

We're also told the tragedy is all the worse because one of the passengers who died, Chris Baker, Travis' assistant on "Meet the Barkers," was married recently and has a new baby.

Sources tell us Travis Barker and DJ AM saved their own lives after their plane crashed by jumping out the door of the burning plane, almost immediately after the small jet came to a halt.
As we reported, both are at a burn center, but it could have been fatal. The Lear jet was already on fire when they fled
TMZ has just learned Perry Farrell of Jane's Addiction fame was not on the plane that crashed, critically injuring Travis Barker and DJ AM.

What we have not accounted for -- whether Gavin DeGraw was on the plane

I keep hearing that DJ and Travis apparently ditched from the plane before it collided with the embankment after missing the runway crossing several lanes of roadway? Has anyone heard anything more than this, or heard any elaboration on this? Travis suffered lower extremity burns and DJ facial burns. They are both in burn centers and I just hope they will each be alright.

I hope both survivours recover as fully as possible. After seeing the pictures of the wreck i can't believe they made it out. Thoughts go out to their families and the families of the other 4 people on board the plane. :(

Back
Top Bottom