Tori Amos is back and abnormally attracted to sin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Couldn't really understand what she was saying but I guess she made her point. Still my favorite song from ADP.

Apart from the obvious, the only other bit I got was "It is a priveledge to sit in the front row".

An aside, I have 3 extra hard tickets for San Diego (July 16) if anyone is interested. I will sell them for face $65

Hope I'm allowed to post that!

Well it's been a couple of months since AATS was released...since I'm psyched for probably the only Tori show I'll get to see this tour, I thought I'd bring back this thread. How is it standing now in your Tori catalogue?

I've given it a lot of play and have fallen hard for many of the songs. I peeked at a couple setlists and hope San Diego will get similar.

Some of my faves I hope to hear...

Starling
Ophelia in the Lizard Lounge..this is her solo set. My mouth dropped when I read the name she gave this spot. She poses w/ an Asian waterdragon on this album, I had one for 7 yrs. and we custom built him a walk in room I named "Lizard Lounge"
Maybe that's why I feel such a connection to this album. :hmm:
AATS
Spacedog
Icicle
Strong Black Vine
Carbon
Digital Ghost
Honey
Rattlesnakes (fat chance)
I have grown to love Lady In Blue but it may not transfer over well live..too slow?
Welcome to England
Give...how could she not? ;)

We leave tomorrow :up:

I absolutely love the new setlists that I've seen. :up:

Give-Siren-Welcome To England in Seattle and Give-Caught A Lite Sneeze-Welcome To England in Portland
are just perfect ways to start the show. :drool:

:ohmy:

I wish I were seeing her on this tour. Just couldn't travel to see her right now. I'm still hoping for a second US leg and a stop in Abq. but not holding my breath.

:ohmy:

I wish I were seeing her on this tour. Just couldn't travel to see her right now. I'm still hoping for a second US leg and a stop in Abq. but not holding my breath.

I wish I could see her too. :up: I sort of expected there be a shorter tour based on the interviews after the ADP tour so I didn't have high hopes. She has several projects going on and Tasha's getting older so I'm doubting a 2nd U.S. or Europe leg.

I didn't go to the show here in Phoenix on Saturday. My interested friends couldn't go, and I wasn't up to going it alone. As for the album, I listen to Curtain Call and Flavor on occasion, but that's about it.

Is this album better or worse than Posse? I still haven't got it cos it's a bit expensive down here. :(

I don't even listen to Posse these days.

You know, Zoots, you're probably fine without it. But if I find it used, I'll pick it up for you and send it your way.

Is this album better or worse than Posse? I still haven't got it cos it's a bit expensive down here. :(

I don't even listen to Posse these days.

It is better than Posse. There are songs on it that I adore but I don't tend to listen to it straight through. It's just that there are so many songs of different quality as has been the case for the last couple albums. It is better than Posse but shares many of the problems.

Wow, I really love this album :hmm: I listen to in it's entirety minus 500 miles and Mary Jane. I didn't listen to ADP until just a few months ago..yeah, way late on that one. I bought it when it came out I just never put it in. Digital Ghost, Code Red, and Velvet Revolution are pretty much the only songs I listen to.

We enjoyed the show for the most part. I loved the venue..it was outdoors right by the bay in San Diego. Weather was awesome and Tori's voice was flawless. I'm not one to complain about setlists and any chance to see her is golden but there were songs I would have loved to hear that she'd been playing and we didn't get them. But we did get Little Earthquakes and that makes up for sooooo much. What a gorgeous rendition it was, too.

Can I say I am not a fan of the whole stage rushing thing. WTF? Who started that BS? Caught me off guard because I didn't know it was coming and then it just pissed me off because I could no longer see. :angry:

I do hope she comes back around. I would love to go to another show. Stood outside during soundcheck for 2 hrs. with a bunch of people but she wasn't able to come out. My timing was definately off..the people around me had been to 5 shows and met her 4 times since she began the tour :| C'est la vie...

I ended up getting a FREE ticket to see her L.A., Greek Theater (my ALL TIME FAVORITE venue!), show.

Completely different from the last, Doll Posse tour. This one was back-to-basics. No costume changes. No big production. Just Tori, a drummer and a bass player.

I think the highlight for me was a song I've never liked, live or recorded on the album, but that they did such an AWESOME arrangement of, it just made me absolutely fall in love with it: 'China'. Simply beautiful and so gorgeous the way they did it. :drool: :drool: :sad:

Other highlights for me:

Icicle
Bells For Her
Spacedog
Liquid Diamonds
Siren
Big Wheel
and the closer was just perfect and wonderful: Tear In Your Hand

:applaud: Tori. No matter the consistency of her album output, she is always phenomenal live. :applaud:

Holy Shit:

Melbourne – Regent Theatre, Thurs Nov 12
Sydney – Opera House Concert Hall, Mon Nov 16
Adelaide – Thebarton Theatre, Thurs Nov 19
Perth – PCEC Riverside Theatre, Sat Nov 21
Brisbane – QPAC Concert Hall, Tues Nov 24

:combust:

I ended up getting a FREE ticket to see her L.A., Greek Theater (my ALL TIME FAVORITE venue!), show.

Completely different from the last, Doll Posse tour. This one was back-to-basics. No costume changes. No big production. Just Tori, a drummer and a bass player.

I think the highlight for me was a song I've never liked, live or recorded on the album, but that they did such an AWESOME arrangement of, it just made me absolutely fall in love with it: 'China'. Simply beautiful and so gorgeous the way they did it. :drool: :drool: :sad:

Other highlights for me:

Icicle
Bells For Her
Spacedog
Liquid Diamonds
Siren
Big Wheel

:applaud: Tori. No matter the consistency of her album output, she is always phenomenal live. :applaud:

She is brilliant..if I could travel and go to every show I would. Don't think I would ever tire of it, either. You got Spacedog :up: That is my all time fave Tori song and I would be crying jealous but I have heard it live before. China is beautiful..probably did for you what hearing LE the night before did for me. :hug:

Bonoman, so how many of those are you going to? :D

Other highlights for me:

Icicle
Bells For Her
Spacedog
Liquid Diamonds
Siren
Big Wheel

That's so awesome, Fitz! And I LOVE all of those songs except for Big Wheel which is one of my least favorite Tori songs ever. Sounds like you got an exceptional setlist! I don't think I've ever heard China live and I've seen quite a few shows. Not one of my favorites either but it has great sentimental value.

I generally have crappy luck with presales. :| Keep trying!

I've been listening to a lot of Tori lately. I really want to go to another show...

AATS came on in my car the other day - I guess it's been in the CD player since it came out but I've been stuck on a couple of other CDs so I hadn't been listening to it. Anyway, I have to say, the first 4 songs sounded really strong to me after not having heard them in awhile. I was really surprised by how much I still liked them. The other good songs are lost amongst the bad ones but those first 4 are really solid Tori.

I'm tellin ya..that album is a sleeper. There are some songs that I wouldn't miss if they weren't there, but the strong ones are really solid Tori. You said it :up:

One of the songs I really wanted to hear live is the title track. That song is brilliant...I love the "she may be dead to you, but her hips sway a natural kind of faith..." lyric and the way she sings it.

Give, WTE, SBV, are rocks.. Curtain Call is cool "then you ram your hand in your bag for a little friendly...substance"
Ophelia is a song I didn't care for at first, now it's one I skip to in the beginning and then go backwards. Lady In Blue is a gorgeous mellow tune. I luv this album :hug:

Her best album for a while, not that anything in the 2000's has been rubbish by anymeans, But I really do dig AATS.

I gave up on the pre-sale, better chance at getting up close at the general sale. Tori needs to have a fan club sale :yes:

Fail in the General sale too, I had to be outside for work, so mum got me tickets about 2 hours after they went on sale, I hope the view is okay.

Tori still, :drool: I may yet travel to Sydney.

Back
Top Bottom