Tori Amos is back and abnormally attracted to sin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really would be open to checking out more from her, if I hadn't been so disappointed with the few other things I've heard :(

What have you heard?

I'm loving the opening track, "Give."

Abnormally, Little Earthquakes and From the Choir Girl, as well as a LOT of individual tracks here and there that my friend always plays for me. I realize that's not a lot to judge someone on at the surface, but I've heard a LOT of individual tracks from that friend. I keep being told I should listen to Under the Pink, I just never get around to it.

That song had some killer music going on. Not so sure I liked the vocals.

Abnormally, Little Earthquakes and From the Choir Girl, as well as a LOT of individual tracks here and there that my friend always plays for me. I realize that's not a lot to judge someone on at the surface, but I've heard a LOT of individual tracks from that friend. I keep being told I should listen to Under the Pink, I just never get around to it.

I love Chorgirl. If you like Little Earthquakes you would probably really like Under the Pink.

I forgot about this coming out today too, until I got the reminder e-mail. By that time, I was already home for the night. Think I'll pick it up on my way home from yoga tomorrow night. Joyful, I'm glad you don't think it's a total stinker.

I love Chorgirl. If you like Little Earthquakes you would probably really like Under the Pink.

I could not get into Choirgirl no matter how many times I tried (many). But, I think the time has finally come to listen to Under the Pink.

Little Earthquakes is in my Top 10 albums of all-time.

Choirgirl is awesome. I even like Pandora's Aquarium.

I haven't heard the new album except for one listen each of those first 2 singles/videos.

Is the album worth buying? :shifty: lol.

I think a Tori record is always worth buying. It's going to take time for it to settle in but there are already a handful of songs that I kind of loved right away, a couple that I haven't gotten into, a few that haven't distinguished themselves yet. Her records are a lot to take in.

Heard Welcome to England on Sirius today. Was the 2nd listen and while it's not old Tori, it's not bad. It's like a new wine that just needs time to breathe, I hopes.

Please come to Vegas, Tori. I can't make you but I will beg. And do Spacedog again. I :heart: you.

Little Earthquakes is awesome but to me nothing beats the dark-fairytale vibe of Choirgirl, :heart: It's just one of those albums that transports me into another world.

Strangely enough, I could never really get into Under the Pink. I do like some of the songs but to me that album has a slightly cloying quality that I don't get from any other Tori album.

Little Earthquakes is awesome but to me nothing beats the dark-fairytale vibe of Choirgirl, :heart: It's just one of those albums that transports me into another world.

I'm hearing a little bit of that on the new record.

Strangely enough, I could never really get into Under the Pink. I do like some of the songs but to me that album has a slightly cloying quality that I don't get from any other Tori album.

I agree with this. But since most fans seem to love it more than I do, I always recommend it to people who like LE.

Nice. I pretty much agree with everything in that review, including what's said about the previous records. After a couple more listens today, "Flavor" is my first favorite song on the record but as the reviewer rightly points out, it could be something else next week, month, year. But "Flavor" sounds like it came out of the To Venus & Back sessions which I still think is a really underrated record.

I have not even begun to take in the lyrics yet. I'm just into the sounds right now.

ETA: You can hear "Flavor" (and see another home-movie-type video of Tori in various deep thought poses) if you scroll down that Popmatters article. Her face is so altered now, I can hardly even look at her although she looks better in this video than the others I've seen. :(

Her face is so altered now, I can hardly even look at her although she looks better in this video than the others I've seen. :(

I was wondering about that. Has she had plastic surgery or is it just a lot of make-up and airbrushing? Of course I'm just a fan, and she is entitled to do as she pleases, but I'd love to see Tori be strong enough not to need to look a certain way to sell records. I would think she and her fan base are past that point.

I'm really hoping it's just all for promotion/theme and she's just looking the part for the "abnormal" and "attracted to sin" aspects of this album. I'd hate to think she had horrible "Meg Ryan" plastic surgery. :sad: :yikes:

Oh, and you can definitely count me in as one of those for whom Under The Pink is their favorite Tori album. :drool: :drool: :combust:

Little Earthquakes is special. :heart:

What that you say?

2975215806_4c32e65a36.jpg

^ That's cute.

I had to post this pic because she's holding a Waterdragon. I had one of these little guys for 7 years. He passed away last year.

I don't think she's had work done but I didn't watch the video. This photo just looks airbrushed to me.

tori-amos-2009.jpg

Alright, this record is so much better than her last two. I'm lovin' my girl again.

There are maybe 4 songs that should have been b-sides but Tori doesn't seem to get the whole b-side concept. Still, I don't hate any of those songs. It just would have been a tighter record if she had done some editing, something HeartlandGirl has pointed out on previous records.

Good, I have hope then. I'm shameful to admit I did not purchase Beekeeper because I just couldn't get into Posse. I like Scarlet's Walk but if this new album is reminiscent of Choirgirl as a prev. poster surmised, I will be in Tori heaven again :up:

edit* I realize Beekeeper was before Posse but I was in a different music place when it came out and didn't try to catch up until she did Posse. So you guys aren't scratching your heads at me :)

Back
Top Bottom