There's Something About Us... (Love Songs)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LJT

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Drawing inspiration from how dull the new Starbucks Valentine's compilation is...what are everyone's favourite love songs of heart ache, break, new love, old love and that big bit inbetween.

My personal favourites:

YouTube - Daft Punk-something about us

YouTube - She Sends Kisses (Wrens)

(just a great set of lyrics as well as being an amazing song)

YouTube - tegan and sara - my number

The best love songs I guess tend to be the most twisted.

Anyway any other top suggestions?

Please try not to make them all too depressing though:sad:

Duuuude haven't seen you around in ages, hope all is well:D

But yes excellent choice...as well as Friday I'm In Love, oh and of course Lovesong!

she sends kisses
some signed ‘with Love, Beth oooooo xxxxx’
she sends kisses
same old beth - some signed 666
our shore town knockdown sure was fun
yeah, white trash, what have you
I fired replies back gun by gun
past Seven Wrecks I read your four answers: 1. your move 2. I’m tres involved 3. move on 4. love, Beth
I walk it down
this tourist town
‘just thought I’d’ calls
just friends
she sends kisses
and all at once back doors blow open
she sends….
in envelopes stamped w/ ‘Hope & Hearts’ - ripped right open
she sends…
but I’m corrupt - I wrote back good luck

The song just swells when it gets to the Hope & Hearts ripped open part. Quite immense. Plus I love how it's referenced in another song by The Wrens, Ex-Girl Collection.

Ten tons against me and you've gone
I put your favorite records on
And sit around
It spins around
And you're around again

Great song, LJT.

As far as the Cure goes I would actually say Just Like Heaven is their best straight up love song....but that's just me.

It pleases me to see The Cure mentioned so frequently, as most people seem to write them off with the ridiculous and inaccurate "depressing goth music" stereotype.

'Halo' is the most "lovey" song by The Cure I can think of, one of their best b-sides in my opinion. (Join the Dots Disc 3 for Bono_212, or anyone else who has it)

It pleases me to see The Cure mentioned so frequently, as most people seem to write them off with the ridiculous and inaccurate "depressing goth music" stereotype.

'Halo' is the most "lovey" song by The Cure I can think of, one of their best b-sides in my opinion. (Join the Dots Disc 3 for Bono 212, or anyone else who has it)

big cure fan here. and yes halo is a supreme lovesong.

'Halo' is the most "lovey" song by The Cure I can think of, one of their best b-sides in my opinion. (Join the Dots Disc 3 for Bono_212, or anyone else who has it)

You know the reason it took me so long to get into them is that I didn't understand this whole "goth" thing about them, when all I knew was stuff like Love Song, Mint Car, and Friday I'm in Love. It ended up turning me OFF the band. Then when I started listening and saw just how many different range of moods they could cover? Amazing. Which is pretty much why they're a perfect band for me.

I think Halo was one of the tracks I marked on last.fm as loved when I listened to Join The Dots. I'll give it another listen.

I just think with the lyrics to Just Like Heaven, combined with the story behind it, it's just a completely romantic in a slightly innocent way song, and I don't know any other songs like that.

I quite like that Wrens song, haven't heard it in a while.

I think my favourite sort of straight-up love song is 'Something' by the Beatles. Just gorgeous. Oh and there's 'Into My Arms' by Nick Cave. And 'Message To My Girl' by the Split Enz.

'My Number' by Tegan & Sara is indeed a fantastic song. I've never thought of it as a love song. I guess it is, though.

And... Hi, yertle :wave: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom