There's a great song for ya.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well here we go but I suppose this is the wrong thread for this, it should really go in the embarrassing music tastes thread. But then I've never held any pretence of being cool. All the songs you hate I love and vice versa :lol:.

He's just pondering out loud. He's giving us these little anecdotal stories and then he's going "mmmmmmmmmm. Mmmmmmmmmmm"

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm - YouTube

Seriously though, I've never seen this video before.

Well here we go but I suppose this is the wrong thread for this, it should really go in the embarrassing music tastes thread. But then I've never held any pretence of being cool. All the songs you hate I love and vice versa :lol:.

He's just pondering out loud. He's giving us these little anecdotal stories and then he's going "mmmmmmmmmm. Mmmmmmmmmmm"

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm - YouTube

Seriously though, I've never seen this video before.

Nothing to be embarrassed about. That tune...that tune I enjoy. Check out this tune. Nobody shoud ever be embarrassed about the music that brings them joy. Ignore the assholes. They're assholes. Which is why I'll post this. Rock is good.

RED FANG - "Prehistoric Dog" - YouTube

Well Schloop, guess we have some common ground after all, because "Last Train to Satansville" is a fucking fine song.

I'd say it's the best on Mezcal Head but there's the awesomeness of "Duress" to consider as well. At any rate, they're two of the best shoegaze songs ever made.

Judging by the amount of women in attendance at Swervedriver's Melbourne show in 2011 (my girlfriend one of them), they certainly appeal to the women of Australia.

They played a great set but were possibly upstaged by one of the support acts, an awesome local band by the name of The Laurels. "Tidal Wave" lives up to its name; surging waves of shoegazy guitar and vocals.

Are you into hip-hop Schloopos? Outkast specifically?

No. I hate hip hop. I think it's a genre who's influence is better than the actual music. I own 1 album, "Run DMC- Greatest hits."

But Outkast have always intrigued me. 70's R&B and soul is pretty ace, and they seem to be steeped in that.

Knowing that, where should I start?

Judging by the amount of women in attendance at Swervedriver's Melbourne show in 2011 (my girlfriend one of them), they certainly appeal to the women of Australia.

They played a great set but were possibly upstaged by one of the support acts, an awesome local band by the name of The Laurels. "Tidal Wave" lives up to its name; surging waves of shoegazy guitar and vocals.

Good on you, women of Oz. Here in the states it was all doods. but that was pretty awesome - being that all the fans in attendance were swervie geeks. Everyone was air guitaring and everybody understood why everyone else thought something was so fucking awesome.

I dragged my girlfriend along. She loved it, and she was the first one to comment on the fact that she had the only solid pair of X chromosomes (and boobs) in the building. Didn't matter. It was an an awesome show. And the lady was into it.

I don't think American women seek this type of shit out. They're out there, but they're few and far between. Fortunately, i got a good one, and she grabbed us some tickets for Redd Kross in April. I bet they'll have a FEW more girls than SWD, but not by much. Fortunately for me, I'll have one of them on MY arm.

Speaking of Redd Kross:

Redd Kross - Stay Away From Downtown - YouTube

No. I hate hip hop. I think it's a genre who's influence is better than the actual music. I own 1 album, "Run DMC- Greatest hits."

But Outkast have always intrigued me. 70's R&B and soul is pretty ace, and they seem to be steeped in that.

Knowing that, where should I start?

Hip-hop is brilliant. You shouldn't be so quick to dismiss it.

Start with Aquemini; it has everything that makes Outkast great and then some.

Hip-hop is brilliant. You shouldn't be so quick to dismiss it.

Start with Aquemini; it has everything that makes Outkast great and then some.

I've dismissed it after great care and consideration. Twas not a rash decision.

Thanks for that Outcast suggestion. Not digging it so far. Sounds rather typical of the genre. Seems I misjudged them.

That way pretty. 9 minutes was a little long. Mr. Vile needs an editor. But it was pretty.

Back
Top Bottom