The White Stripes - Icky Thump, Etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They came here last Saturday and I couldn't go:sad: A freind of mine went and now he's Meg's number one fan:wink: Anyway he loved the show and he barely knew their songs... He was also very impressed with Jack's guitar playing and he's carisma on stage.

American Express Presale is today. Just got my 2 tix (Maddy & I), and hubby will pick up 2 more for he & a friend shortly. Think floor only came up once for him.

:hyper:

LOL.

For those who actually know their music history; the latest rip-off by the White Stripes is......

Led Zepplins live performance of Black Dog. Just listen to the version of this song from "The song Ramains the Same"

Total rip off. :shame:

Which song are you saying is a rip off, then? You never specify.

martha said:
Amex. :mad:

Is the floor GA?

I'm pretty sure it is. Let me know if you need me to purchase tix for you with Amex (PM's welcome). We got tix in Loge 29. Those were coming up for us all morning. I just checked andLoge 7 came up (for the $46 tix, there are cheaper colonades avail.)

Last edited:
roy said:
LOL.

For those who actually know their music history; the latest rip-off by the White Stripes is......

Led Zepplins live performance of Black Dog. Just listen to the version of this song from "The song Ramains the Same"

Total rip off. :shame:

Jack plays blues based lead and has a kinda high singing voice. So it's easy to find something from the last 40 years of rock that sounds similar to something he's doing now. The Zep comparisons are well known. But a 'total' rip off?.

I'll admit the total rip off if you do the same with Zeppelin 'totally ripping off' blues songs from before them. You can start with the Lemon Song and go from there. :wink:

Seriously, somehow you can say everybody rips off somebody, unless you somehow invent an "H" chord (obviously jking like crazy here) but I think what the White Stripes have done is something different and pretty amazing!

I've had it for 2 days yet, but haven't played it :reject:
Actually listened to some of it online the other day from that MTV link. It's gonna take a lot of plays I think. But we did get tix to see them in Sept :hyper:

It's all about Rag and Bone guys :up:

"this place is like a mansion, LOOK AT ALL THIS STUFF!"

nightninja56 said:

I think what the White Stripes have done is something different and pretty amazing!

Honestly it isn't.

Just listen to the beginning to Black Dog from "The Song Remains The Same".

This goes far beyond re-interpreting a certain style.

This is a complete rip off.

roy said:

Just listen to the beginning to Black Dog from "The Song Remains The Same".

This goes far beyond re-interpreting a certain style.

This is a complete rip off.

So far you're the only one who cares.

If I cared, I would go back and tally all the old blues tunes Led Zep ripped off.

But I don't, so I won't.

martha said:

So far you're the only one who cares.

If I cared, I would go back and tally all the old blues tunes Led Zep ripped off.

But I don't, so I won't.

Got to agree with you here. I love Zeppelin, but even I must admit that they plundered riffs from everyone that they could. Does it matter? No, not really.

GibsonGirl said:
Anyone know where I can find setlists and such?

You know the white stripes don't have a setlist?...they have a handful of songs the usually open with...and will usually finish with Seven Nation Army......or if your lucky...Boll Weevil....of something else!.....

So really, they could play whatever song that you expect the least on the night....Although could probably find some here: http://littleroom.whitestripes.net/ under the tour section.....you might need to register first.

bono_man2002 said:

You know the white stripes don't have a setlist?...they have a handful of songs the usually open with...and will usually finish with Seven Nation Army......or if your lucky...Boll Weevil....of something else!.....

So really, they could play whatever song that you expect the least on the night....Although could probably find some here: http://littleroom.whitestripes.net/ under the tour section.....you might need to register first.

Yeah, I know, they like to mix things up. I just want to get an idea of the ratio of new songs to old songs. I have my fingers crossed that they'll play There's No Home For You Here when I see them, but I doubt it will happen.

And I've tried to register at that board in the past, but it keeps saying I don't have permission to view it, even when I'm logged in! :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom