The Waifs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’m surprised to see a thread on The Waifs. I wouldn't of thought anyone would know them outside Australia.

By the way there not a girl band – there a trio ( two sisters and a guy).

I only have their CDs Sink or Swim and Up all night, so I can’t exactly claim to be a fan but here is my input.

For me its all about seeing them live, which probably explains why they have such a cult following on the live circuit. I started to take notice of them after seeing them support The John Butler Trio. They were fantastic live, very entertaining with great crowd interaction - great warm up act for JBT. The sisters got up on stage with JBT, Claire Bowditch and JB's wife later in the night - singing Kev Camody's From Little Things Big Things grow - which was an absolute highlight of the night for me.

Talking of that song - The Waifs have recorded it on a cd called 'Can not buy my soul' (a Kev Carmody tribute) you can buy it on itunes - its probably one of my fave songs from them.

Of the two cds I have I’d recommend Up all Night (think it was released in 2003) i guess it was their first commercial success here in Australia. Buy it for London Still and Lighthouse alone. Saying that Sink or Swim (think it was released a year earlier) features 'The Waitress' and 'Lies' - more faves of mine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom