The Vinyl Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it beats $130 for a bullshit box set. But I guess it depends on the pressing and condition. I've still never actually seen one out in the wild.

I'm really happy I managed to buy Think You Can Wait/Exile Vilify at the concert yesterday. Look at this beauty:

110ly6t.jpg

Very nice. They had them at merch a couple weeks ago for $10. Made me feel like a dumbass for paying as much for shipping at I did for the 7" itself over the summer. I've got sucker's luck.

Be on the lookout: the finyl Lips 12" collab of 2011 is on the way, this one with Plastic Ono Band.

You could call a store here and mail order the special 12"s. I'm pretty sure Waterloo has some Prefuse 73 and maybe a Neon Indian.

I would... but I haven't especially loved all the stuff they've done this year. So I don't want to spend a fair bit of money getting it all here. I'm meant to be saving too...

That said, Is David Bowie Dying? is one of my favourite tracks of the year.

The Prefuse 73 one is solid. "I'm Working at NASA on Acid" is really, really great, but other than that, the Lightning Bolt one is forgettable. But I'm a sucker for limited stuff and love what they're doing, so I want all the collabs.

Plus, they're kinda worth having just because they look so fucking sick. Everything they've put out since Embryonic, from vinyls to posters to shirts, look dope.

bonozzz2121212222 gave me my Christmas present early this year: a massive bin full of vinyls, some crappy, most epic as hell. Glad I have it now, because we'll be out of town the week after Christmas, without our stereo setup to enjoy it. Some of the highlights:

Cream - Strange Brew: The Very Best of Cream (not exactly comprehensive, but I'm not exactly an obsessed fan; this is perfect for a quick listen)
Def Leppard - Hysteria (picture disc!)
Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick (terrific gatefold sleeve that mimics a real newspaper, and great album to boot)
Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland
Jimi Hendrix Experience - Radio One
Led Zeppelin - I
Led Zeppelin - IV
Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
Pink Floyd - Animals
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Pink Floyd - Meddle
Pink Floyd - Piper At The Gates of Dawn
Pink Floyd - Relics (with an alternate cover, so cool)
Pink Floyd - Ummagumma (I hate this album, but I can't deny how cool the sleeve is)
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Rush - Moving Pictures
The Doors - LA Woman
The Doors - Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine (any Doors comp > an album, and this one is particularly intriguing)
The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers
The Who - Meaty Beaty Big And Bouncy (been wanting this comp for years, and to have it on vinyl is even better)
The Who - Who's Next
Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever

And did I mention they're all near mint? Seriously dope haul all around.

It's Let it Bleed, not Sticky Fingers, but regardless, glad you're happy :).

Wonder why you didn't mention that you also got Slippery When Wet and New Jersey as well? :huh:

I still own both of those on cassette tape. There sitting somewhere at my parents' house.

Where's the cassette tape thread?

Some awesome comments after that article. My fav:

something something something vinyl. something something mp3s and cds. something something wankers.

There are a very limited number of Lips + Plastic Ono 12"s on sale right now. 1400 of these were like the last collabs (no two colors the same) and 600 are glow in the dark. They're putting up some glowies later. So if anyone is interested:

https://chimeramusic.worldsecuresystems.com/store#cds

Very happy to have snagged a non-glow one, but I'll grab a glowie too if they're available next I check.

I received Fear Fun today from Sub Pop, the Loser Edition on pink vinyl. I was actually shocked to get it because I ordered it along with Bloom. I'm going to give it a careful spin later tonight.

It also came with a CD of five demos. I think that may be the first time I've ever put a CD into iTunes and it completely wasn't recognized.

Ugh. Hating myself for not getting that right now. Thanks a lot, airfare booking. Enjoy it though. Such a great album. Cool that Sub Pop didn't fuck a customer for once.

Back
Top Bottom