The Vinyl Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I don't even have a record player, but I still enjoy going to Randy's every once in a while.

Slowtrain's collection is admittedly heavy on the hipster side of things, but I guess that's to be expected. I really love that store, fun place.

Cool, thanks, Scumbo.

The single I got is Faze Action's Moving Cities? Haven't listened to it yet. Haven't even googled it yet.

You guys are still posting in here? Didn't you get the memo? This thread isn't cool.

I didn't know there were actually any cool areas to post on a U2 fan forum.

That and the one where horny man-childs post pictures of girls (not women) they masturbate to.

Noticed a $12 copy of I Am Very Far of Discogs today, T-Bone. Isn't Okk one of those rare bands for which you sprang for an LP? The etching on side D of this one would look mighty nice next to your vintage musket collection and assortment of fine beehive paraphernalia.

And there it is!

justice%20served.jpg

Noticed a $12 copy of I Am Very Far of Discogs today, T-Bone. Isn't Okk one of those rare bands for which you sprang for an LP?

Yeah, I do have a few of theirs on the vinylz. :hmm:

My haul from tonight:

45 RPM Vertigo single and on the b-side...Vertigo! Not even another version, the same song. That's not even a double-A side, really. That's just lazy, and kind of cheating. But it cracked me up, so I bought it.
Venus And Mars - Wings, with all the posters and stickers in near-mint inside!
Vacation - The Go-Go's
11-song EP by The Repercussions (I think. The cover's nearly blank and the label on the record itself is blank. :shrug: One to Google.)
The Only Beer That Matters - Free Beer, arguably the first skatepunk album ever recorded.
Things I Hate To Admit - Victims Family. Blues punk :fuckyeah:
Presence - Led Zeppelin
Stroking The Moon - Deadweight
The Stepchildren of Rock - double LP live album by Weston and Doc Hopper
The Unforgettable Fire - 12" 45 RPM import EP from Great Britain. Interesting tracklisting on this one.
Live at CBGB's - Sid Vicious with Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers
New Year's Day - another 12" 45 RPM import EP. Odd sleeve, odd tracklisting as well.

Randy's Records, ftmfw.

Is it cheating to list my dad's vinyl collection? I found a copy of Sgt. Peppers' a while back and I'm tempted to commandeer the machinery next time I'm home to get The Experience.

That's about standard. Every issues tracklisting is more or less a variation of those songs (lots of shorter or longer versions).

That's about standard. Every issues tracklisting is more or less a variation of those songs (lots of shorter or longer versions).

I just saw TUF and live ASOH and got all excited, lol. Bass Trap and it starting with The Three Sunrises instead of TUF threw me a little.

I will definitely go on record saying that the TUF single is the greatest single of all time.

A few things:

A. Had a lot of fun shopping last night and got YYY's Show Your Bones, Iron & Wine's Woman King EP, and Shearwater's "Rooks" 7" for $19 and change. Good times. The Shearwater single was only 99 cents. I'm assuming it's the one you got signed, Cass?

B. I mentioned this in the St. Vinny thread, but you can preorder her new album at Beggars Group USA's store. Preorders get it on white vinyl, which is allegedly limited edition. With a coupon code, the LP only cost me $11, a far cry from the $18 Insound is asking. So get on that if you're interested. I'm glad I did.

C. Thanks to the Mobro for getting me on such a Fiery Furnaces kick. Just snagged the Widow City 2xLP for $12 including shipping from Discogs. Score.

D. And lastly, Wayne unveiled the Lips' latest 12" collaboration, this one with Lightning Bolt, in Boston last night. Looks like the prettiest vinyl yet:

355602293.jpg

355602299.jpg

355628441.jpg

Can't wait to get my hands on one of those.

11 albums for $5.50 at a flea market:

The Chameleons - Script of the Bridge (!!!!!)
The Blue Nile - A Walk Across The Rooftops (!!!)
Prince - Sign O The Times (!!!!!!!!)
Aerosmith - Live! Bootleg (!)
Foreigner - 4
Willie Nelson - Stardust (!)
Van Halen - Van Halen
The Police - Zenyatta Mondatta
Rush - Moving Pictures (!)
Billy Idol - Billy Idol
R.E.M. - Reckoning (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

GREAT day.

Back
Top Bottom