The Vinyl Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How do I know a good needle? My record player sounds like shit but I remember martha said it's all in the needle. So I gotta buy a good one.

I would have commented on that imps but I had no idea what it was. Looks cool but. I would consider buying everything the Lips put out on vinyl irrespective of what the music is like, just because they release some sexy looking LPs.

Nothing jumped out at me tonight, but Waterloo did have three copies of that RSD exclusive test pressing version of Big Star's Third. Almost snagged one since I heard it was good stuff and that those particular versions are tough to come by after RSD. Oh well.

No Colbert 7", unfortunately.

They were $35.99, if I remember correctly. Probably worth calling up there and seeing if you can cut out the middle man and get them to mail it to you. If not, I might be able to help you out.

Edit: shit, cat. I didn't realize what a pretty penny those things were going for. Might have to hoard one for myself.

Incidentally, I stumbled across something I wanted to ask you about while browsing tonight, Shouter. For the life of me, I can't remember what it was. Something in the newly arrival used bin that caught my eye and I felt you would be knowledgeable about. Really bums me out that I can't remember now.

No clue? Let me know, if it comes back to you.

I have a few hundred notes in my phone from moments like those. After years of forgetting a record, every now and again, and never being able to stop thinking about what could have been, I began taking notes on what to research, once I get home. It rarely pays off, but it sometimes does. I'm always grateful for those few extra favorites that I'm thereby able to discover.

Yeah, I still have no recollection. Did you get my PM? Call Waterloo about Big Star?

Bummer. At least you tried.

As far as a successful out of state order goes, I called a store in (ugh) Oklahoma and managed to land a Lips / Neon Indian 12" after all. Hopefully I can nab each collaboration the Lips put out this year.

Heading to that ReSpin store after work today. Anything anybody wants me to keep an eye out for?

How'd your haul end up, Reggo?

My Lips / Neon Indian 12" arrived today. First track is phenomenal. Here's the color:

jj8g80.jpg

Looks a lot like the one my buddy bought from Wayne at Good Records in Dallas a while back. I think there was less variation on the colors for this one than there were with the Prefuse 73 12".

How'd your haul end up, Reggo?

My Lips / Neon Indian 12" arrived today. First track is phenomenal. Here's the color:

jj8g80.jpg

Looks a lot like the one my buddy bought from Wayne at Good Records in Dallas a while back. I think there was less variation on the colors for this one than there were with the Prefuse 73 12".

I groovesharked it. It's good.

Found the Dead Weather's second album in the used bin last night, so I happily snapped that up. My damn turntable won't let me play the secret label groove though, which bums me out.

Also picked up the Stephen Colbert 45, which has me interested in checking out the Black Belles.

Turns out there's a store in the city that has vinyl, lots of them, and great selection. :drool: lucky I asked for vouchers for this store for my birthday.

Going to ReSpin again on Tuesday. All their stuff is pre-owned, that's how they're a dollar each. Anything anyone wants me to look out for for them?

I'm good, but thanks for asking.

Here are the goodies I got in the mail today:

2hpq9ox.jpg

I got the same stuff as Impy, plus the limited repressing of Life of Leisure (on Mexican Summer, which was a nice surprise). It's apparently limited to 1000; mine's 313.

dsc0033yw.jpg

dsc0034hk.jpg

That's nothing. My copy of Electric Ladyland would probably cause Utah to implode.

Stopped at Reckless while we were in Chicago tonight and holy shit, I found Wonderland by Big Country (EP). This was a banner evening for me.

Went to ReSpin again. They're reorganizing, so everything was lumped together with everything else. I found one 12" single that i only bought cause the cover looked cool. When they get everything back in order, I'll go back. I must've been looking through the "Every obscure movie soundtrack from the 70's" boxes today, cause I found literally sweet fuck-all else, save for Lawrence Welk, Roger Whittaker, and Herb Alpert. Kind of disappointing, really.

Back
Top Bottom