The Vinyl Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
will be interesting to see if they use the same source as the original pressing (which I've not heard but everyone says sounds great, despite most of the actual music) or just save time and use the same master as the CD, making it pointless?

When is the last time they gave a whiff about the actual aural dynamics? The NLOTH vinyl was disappointing.

Record Store Day tomorrow. What are everyone's top picks they hope to snag?

Mine are U2, Bowie, Springsteen live and the Vangelis soundtrack.

I guess I'm going to line up early. Wasn't planning on it but I will. I kind of just want The War on Drugs new song and the Beatles 7". I don't know if I want the new Red Hill Mining Town..

Just ordered RHMT and Pearl Jam State of Love and Trust/Breath online from a place I've used in the past. Hopefully no issue filling the order.

Got family coming over in a few hours to celebrate my son's birthday, so heading to a store wasn't a viable option today.

Everyone else get this booklet? (Everything From Desert Springs: The Joshua Tree Tour)

IJpbPdX.jpg

Just ordered RHMT and Pearl Jam State of Love and Trust/Breath online from a place I've used in the past. Hopefully no issue filling the order.

And got the email saying they can't contractually fill the order online, but if either is still in stock after day is over they will fill it.

Long shot.

And got the email saying they can't contractually fill the order online, but if either is still in stock after day is over they will fill it.

Long shot.

Here's to hoping some of the Shuttlecock backlash is still in effect. [emoji846]

I actually have a copy of RHMT "out for delivery" this morning, but I'm still standing in line. There's a few other items I would like as well.

The only things I'm really hoping for are Elton's 17-11-70 reissue and Bruce's Hammersmith Odeon 75. The Bowie set would be great but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I've had minimal luck so far on my top picks. No Red Hill or Bowie yet.

I did grab The Cure acoustic set, the Blade Runner soundtrack and a Sharon Jones single.

Not a RSD release but I did also grab an original radio test pressing of The Fly for $5.

Going to try one more place, then I'm calling it.

Well I got the Elton album and RHMT. There were two Bowie sets available but I couldn't justify $60 to get one. Same pricetag on a Doors singles box from LA Woman kept me from getting that as well. I'm happy with my self-restraint.

Also saw a Flaming Lips live "re-imagining" of songs from Ozzy Mellody or whatever the hell that recent album was. I wondered who could possibly be in the market for that, except maybe Bono212. :wink:

I was just looking at the Facebook page for my local record shop. Someone is complaining that they are "withholding" records. Says he got in line at 5:30 for U2 and Rush and they didn't have any copies of either.

I got in line at 8:10 and they still had multiple copies of both when I went through. They even had all the records in alphabetical order this year to make everything super easy to find. No idea why anyone would have any trouble finding them. :scratch:

I'll go to the Silver Platters near my workplace on Monday to see if they have any of the U2 left. I didn't care enough to go today.

I only own copies of the white cover SOI and the Ordinary Love single because I found them days after RSD. Heh.

Long shot.

Here's to hoping some of the Shuttlecock backlash is still in effect. [emoji846]

Got the email that RHMT is being shipped out to me.

Pearl Jam of course sold out.
would have actually preferred it be the other way around.

If anyone is still looking, they have 16 copies still listed in stock (they started with 25);
Skip's Records & CD World; Eugene Oregon's #1 Indie Music Store. So much more than CDs; DVDs, Vinyl, Gifts and More!

Click on new releases, scroll down to U alphabetically, its there, $15.99 plus shipping.

Can you or Trav or Laz go back and save me one!!! I'll be there in three weeks!!!

There were....sooooo...many left. I wouldn't be surprised if they were still there when you got here.

If Martha didn't find one, I can try and go down there this afternoon and look. I'm off work today for some reason.

Got the email that RHMT is being shipped out to me.

Pearl Jam of course sold out.
would have actually preferred it be the other way around.

If anyone is still looking, they have 16 copies still listed in stock (they started with 25);

Skip's Records & CD World; Eugene Oregon's #1 Indie Music Store. So much more than CDs; DVDs, Vinyl, Gifts and More!

Click on new releases, scroll down to U alphabetically, its there, $15.99 plus shipping.

What the fuck that place is super close to me, a couple years ago they had a couple copies of the SOI vinyl but they sold out by the time I got there

Back
Top Bottom