The Verve Fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Huge Verve fan. :) I love Urban Hymns (every track minus that last long track called, “Come On/Deep Freeze.” It goes on way too long). I wish I wrote “Space and Time” and “One Day.” “Weeping Willow” is highly underrated too. I like a selected few other songs from their other albums but Urban Hymns all the way for me. :) Their reunion album Forth was pretty disappointing minus, “Love is Noise.”

"Valium Skies" and "Sit And Wonder" were still pretty memorable for me.

"Valium Skies" and "Sit And Wonder" were still pretty memorable for me.

Maybe I should give it another listen then or listen to those songs individually. Forth flowed well but had a similar vibe throughout that I couldn’t distinguish the different songs well. I’ll try to listen to those songs separately then and maybe appreciate them more. ?

200.gif

i think this unreleased song that they made during the recording of Forth is better than anything that made it onto the actual record, tbh:

apparently it was intended to be the b-side for the Judas single, but the single was never released due to the band breaking up.

ma ma soul and muhammad ali are also both better than most of what's on forth, imo. supposedly richard vetoed those tracks from being used on the album because of disputes over the songwriting credits. hopefully some day Forth gets reissued with all these great unreleased b-sides included.

Last edited:
Dave. You're doing the Lord's work! I love those Wigan demos. They're obviously the work of a young band, but they also show a band who's obviously going to be great.

i got married tonight, and lucky man was our first dance song [emoji3590]

Congrats my friend. My advice. Treat her right. Listen (really listen) before responding, be gentle and kind, appreciate the little things, and keep listening to good music. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom