The Teen Dream that won't end up with you on To Catch a Predator AKA Beach House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sure this will get seven or eight listens from me come morning. Best Coast maybe half a listen. Not at all excited for that after the single.

Wow, there are some real gems on this album. I'm not sure yet if it is as consistent as Teen Dream, which was remarkably so, but I already love several of Bloom's songs after two listens.

Victoria-Legrand.jpg

Starting my second now. My copy shipped yesterday though, so I'd imagine yours did too. I should have it Thursday or Friday. Hopefully it's a glowie since my buddy couldn't get a ticket to the Bowery.

This "hidden track" bullshit is so monumentally stupid that it's going to adversely affect how I view the album.

Don't do it at all. Hopefully the LP doesn't feature such nincompoopery.

The coda of "Irene" ends the album on such a nice note anyway, why ruin it? Leave the b sides on a b side.

This "hidden track" bullshit is so monumentally stupid that it's going to adversely affect how I view the album.

Really? I guess I've grown used to this. Kid A was twice as bad; it had two gaps, and one of them had nothing following it. I never hear anyone complain about that.

Anyway, it's going to be on the vinyl based on what I've read.

This has always driven me crazy and I've been manually separating bonus tracks when ripping CDs for years. The US version of one of Travis' albums has three bonus tracks tacked onto the last track. I'll be doing the same with Bloom.

I understand the novelty of this back in the CD era, but in the age of playlists and shuffle play, nobody wants a 16 minute track with 5 minutes of silence in the middle. :shrug:

The only reason I care is because, as you mentioned, the 16 minute tracks are unusable for playlists. Otherwise, it takes all of 5 seconds to skip ahead.

A hidden track on a vinyl is a different matter. I've never confronted that, honestly. I would assume it's all one long groove with no indication of where the next track begins? That would be a bitch.

I had one of the original full-size Sony minidisc decks back in the early 90's. If you copied a CD to minidisc and there were long gaps of silence, it would automatically split the individual tracks up and delete the gaps.

I forgot about MD's having that functionality. That was nice.

I've always liked hidden tracks personally. I only get annoyed when I have to listen to some of the silence just so Last FM will properly scrobble the song before I can skip.

I stopped using Last.FM for a brief time when I got a new laptop and realized I didn't care at all that I had stopped using it, so I just never went back.

It's mostly pointless, but I've always liked statistics. It really helps a ton on deciding my year end list, I can just take a look at Last FM and see what I listened to the most that year.

Anywayz, I can't decide if I'll listen to the stream or wait.

If the length in front of the hidden track is the worst complaint that arises about this album, I'd say that the thing must be pretty damn strong.

Bloom is abusing my last.fm right now. After not really liking Beach House all that much for a couple of years, they're now my second most played artist of the past 3 months (behind Swans).

Back
Top Bottom