The Taylor Swift thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
Taylor Swift. Tay-Tay. T. Swift. A.K.A. the best.

Probably and possibly the greatest living songwriter. She's damn sure the cutest and sweetest. She also happens to be my girlfriend. We've been going steady for close to three months now. Under the radar.

Instead of me giving a beer-addled biography of Ms. Swift I've decided to just copy and paste what she has written about herself on her MySpace page:

Hi :)

I'm 18-- and a half.

I'm the girl who is best friends with a guitar and writes songs about everything and everyone that happens to me. Names included. ;-)

Class of 2008.

In my spare time, I like to conduct random baking experiments in my kitchen and write letters to people.

I really love people who like my music. They're number 1 on my favorite things list.

I'm not a big deal. At all.

I love people who are nice to me, I've never been one to say things like "All you people think you know me, well you don't".

Because I'm not that complicated. My complications come out in my songs. All you need to do to be my friend is like me.

My middle name is Alison.

And I'm extremely tall. Like, I'm that really tall person that is blocking your view at a concert. On behalf of all of us, we're sorry.

My ideal outfit is a sun dress and cowboy boots.

I love surprises and hardwood floors.

I like people who are excitable. I think it's endearing when people cry when they're happy. I'm pretty excitable too.

I've never been the kind of girl who needs a boyfriend. Plus, guys don't ask me out because they know I'll write songs about them.

But I'm also the girl who still believes prince charming exists somewhere out there-- fully equipped with great hair and an immature sense of humor.

I wear too many bracelets and I can't concentrate on the conversation if the TV's on.

I grew up on a Christmas tree farm. Seriously.

I'm fascinated by black and white pictures, I have them hung up everywhere.

I like people who can be sarcastic and laugh about tense situations.

I never assume someone's not being honest with me.

I like to read up on weird medical problems, so if one of my friends ever complains of a headache or stomach ache, I'm probably going to spout off 12 different things that could be wrong with them. Because I'm way paranoid.

I think Keri Russell and Ellen DeGeneres are the coolest celebrities ever.

I don't like making decisions when I don't have to. So right now my toenails are painted 5 different colors.

I will never straighten my hair to impress a guy ever again.

There's never going to be a time when I'm annoyed by compliments about my music.

I need everything to be organized. All the time.

I think little kids are awesome.

I'm a thinker and an over-analyzer. I'm not jaded.

I'm a fan of fans. You are absolutely wonderful to me. I've got your back, just like you've had mine. To anyone who has gone out and bought my CD, or come to a show, or even turned my song up when it came on the radio, all I can say is thank you.

Oh yeah.. My name's Taylor.

Taylor's eponymous debut album is the best-selling country music album of the decade. She is the only female country music artist ever to have written every song on a debut album. It is love. It is beauty, and it is sweetness.

Taylor is now releasing her follow-up album entitled "Fearless" on November 11th of this year. And here is her lead anthem from the album entitled CHANGE (it is the year's best song):

YouTube - Taylor Swift - Change [New Video]

Who likes Taylor? Who is jealous of the fact that she is straight-up my girlfriend? What do you think of her music? What do you think of her hair? Is there a bigger sweetheart in the world right now?

taylorswift321a.jpg

Taylor%20Swift.jpg

Use this thread to discuss everything Taylor related.

:shifty:

I, uh...I realize how vocal I am on my dislike of country music...

ahem >_>

However....welll....

I have her album :reject:

and... <_<

I listen to it....frequently :reject:

I wasn't asking you to post a half-dozen more pictures of her. I was waiting for your (undoubtedly well-thought-out and reasoned) argument as to how she is a better songwriter than Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Springsteen, McCartney, Leonard Cohen, Lou Reed, Joni Mitchell, Jagger-Richards, Willie Nelson, and Stevie Wonder.

Although I certainly can't complain about photos of Taylor Swift.

shes cute.

You're goddam right she is.

And in the end, methinks that's all that really matters here.

No, I actually really like her music. I genuinely think she is one of the most talented young musicians to come around in a long time. And she's cute. And she's my girlfriend.

GAF has made Pedokiss an interference footnote.

I don't really understand this one. But she's my girlfriend, so I think it's ok.

I wasn't asking you to post a half-dozen more pictures of her. I was waiting for your (undoubtedly well-thought-out and reasoned) argument as to how she is a better songwriter than Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Springsteen, McCartney, Leonard Cohen, Lou Reed, Joni Mitchell, Jagger-Richards, Willie Nelson, and Stevie Wonder.

Although I certainly can't complain about photos of Taylor Swift.

Dylan hasn't written a catchy song in 30 years. McCartney sucks because Liam Gallagher says so. Willie Nelson? No. Stevie Wonder? No. Leonard Cohen? Boring. Joni Mitchell wouldn't have a career if it weren't for Taylor Swift. Lou Reed and Jagger/Richards had their moments in the late 60's and early 70's and petered out. And I'm pretty sure Neil Young is dead.

So, clearly, by the fact that GAF has no argument, Springsteen is the answer to greatest living songwriter.

GAF, I guarantee you will regret making this thread at some point in the future.

That's all I have to add.

My reputation is as sparkling as it's ever been.

In fact, I think it is only gaining in luster.

Ugh, I don't like Country music. I also for some reason have negative feelings about a hot 18 year old prancing around on stage in hooker boots....um, I mean Cowboy boots. Sorry GAF.

:reject:

Back
Top Bottom