The Replacements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Three weeks :hyper:

Agreed. I'm going, also, and can't wait.

here's the setlist for those that don't feel like clicking the link:

Setlist: The Replacements, Riot Fest, Toronto, ON, Canada

1. “Takin’ a Ride”
2. “I’m in Trouble”
3. “Favorite Thing”
4. “Hanging Downtown”
5. “Color Me Impressed”
6. “Tommy Gets His Tonsils Out”
7. “Kiss Me On the Bus”
8. “Androgynous”
9. “Achin’ to Be”
10. “I Will Dare”
11. “Love You ‘Til Friday”
12. “Maybellene” (Chuck Berry cover)
13. “Merry Go Round”
14. “Wake Up”
15. “Borstal Breakout” (Sham 69 cover)
16. “Little Mascara”
17. “Left of the Dial”
18. “Alex Chilton”
19. “Swingin’ Party” (“Special request from our friend Slim back home”)
20. “Can’t Hardly Wait”
21. “Bastards of Young”

22. “Everything is Coming Up Roses” (From ‘Songs For Slim’ EP)
23. “IOU”

Their catalog is so good that they would probably have to play for several hours to get to everything you'd want to hear, but that list right there is a pretty good primer.

Little Mascara => Bastards of Young is a pretty insane run.

Four songs from Sorry Ma is probably four too many. And those are far from the best. Where's Customer, I Hate Music, Rattlesnake?

Swingin' Party is one of the weakest songs on Tim.

At least they didn't totally ignore All Shook Down.

Four songs from Sorry Ma is probably four too many. And those are far from the best. Where's Customer, I Hate Music, Rattlesnake?

Swingin' Party is one of the weakest songs on Tim.

At least they didn't totally ignore All Shook Down.

Why so negative?
Agreed, Swingin' Party ain't the hottest tune on Tim. But they played Bastards, Mascara, Left of the Dial, Kiss me on the Bus. Nothing to complain about there.

I also REALLY like All Shook Down and Don't Tell a Soul- glad they're dusting off some music from those.

If it was a great setlist, I'd be positive. Yeah, they plays some great songs. Because they're the fucking Replacements and they have a LOT of them.

Agreed. I'm going, also, and can't wait.

here's the setlist for those that don't feel like clicking the link:

Setlist: The Replacements, Riot Fest, Toronto, ON, Canada

1. “Takin’ a Ride”
2. “I’m in Trouble”
3. “Favorite Thing”
4. “Hanging Downtown”
5. “Color Me Impressed”
6. “Tommy Gets His Tonsils Out”
7. “Kiss Me On the Bus”
8. “Androgynous”
9. “Achin’ to Be”
10. “I Will Dare”
11. “Love You ‘Til Friday”
12. “Maybellene” (Chuck Berry cover)
13. “Merry Go Round”
14. “Wake Up”
15. “Borstal Breakout” (Sham 69 cover)
16. “Little Mascara”
17. “Left of the Dial”
18. “Alex Chilton”
19. “Swingin’ Party” (“Special request from our friend Slim back home”)
20. “Can’t Hardly Wait”
21. “Bastards of Young”

22. “Everything is Coming Up Roses” (From ‘Songs For Slim’ EP)
23. “IOU”

Their catalog is so good that they would probably have to play for several hours to get to everything you'd want to hear, but that list right there is a pretty good primer.

Little Mascara => Bastards of Young is a pretty insane run.

Again, very jealous. That's a really good set.

So, I have to admit that I'm wholly ignorant on The Replacements apart from the obvious hits. Time to correct this. Would anyone point me to a good place to start?

Thanks, guys. Ordered Pleased to Meet Me, will try to get the other two in a physical store over the weekend.

Tonight was the night.

!!!!!!*378y38r39efue8fye8ge :combust:

No disappointments. None. Perfect. The band is still full of sloppy motherfuckers who joke around on stage and continually surprise you. The show was pure fire from beginning to end, starting with a string of fast rockers before calming down with a lovely version of Androgynous. The obvious favorites were all there, though we didn't get one of Unsatisfied/Sixteen Blue/Answering Machine. In general, I thought Let It Be was underrepresented and far too much time was spent with Tim, but those are small complaints. I'm so happy. What a terrific performance; I hope they don't take such a long break this time.

The setlist from their Toronto gig is similar to the one we got, with the notable exception of Hold My Life, which was part of our "encore." That one and Can't Hardly Wait were pure joy.

It is, actually. Leaving out Answering Machine and Unsatisfied in favor of Swinging Party and Waitress in the Sky is, uh, not a bright idea IMO.

Little Mascara and Left of the Dial tho :heart:

There was a setlist that The Replacements could have played that would have made me the happiest person on earth for 90 minutes...

...that wasn't it.

I'm not the biggest Replacements fan to begin with, and Tim is my least favorite of the three I've heard.

That being said, they sounded amazing, I didn't know most of the songs well, but I liked what I was hearing. I hate "Androgynous" though, so that was when I ended up heading out of the crowd and chilled in the back. Came back for Alex Chilton to the end, but I needed to sit down. That whole weekend was a bit too much.

I almost feel bad now, for seeing them, when some of you who want to may not be. You would likely have had a much better time than I did. At least I got to hear Alex Chilton, I Will Dare, Can't Hardly Wait and Bastards of Young.

SEVEN songs from Tim and only three from Pleased To Meet Me = FAIL.

LOL Swingin' Party.

We actually got four: I Don't Know, IOU, Alex Chilton, Can't Hardly Wait. But I agree with the premise of your post. Never Mind or Valentine would have made my night.

The-Replacements2.jpg

perfect balance for all the set-list bitching.

Great band get back together after 22 years and play their songs. Result: 55 posts. 35 are complaints.

Good work guys. Good work.

Back
Top Bottom