The Post-Rock Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just months after their last album, God Is An Astronaut has a new online single for free download through their myspace page. The song is called Shining Through; it's pretty good and sounds like the last album.

Supposedly they were going to release an EP, but ended up with so much material that they will now have another album coming out this fall! So just the one song now, but I'm all for it if it means a whole album waiting in the wings.

Just months after their last album, God Is An Astronaut has a new online single for free download through their myspace page. The song is called Shining Through; it's pretty good and sounds like the last album.

Supposedly they were going to release an EP, but ended up with so much material that they will now have another album coming out this fall! So just the one song now, but I'm all for it if it means a whole album waiting in the wings.

Such good news!

Well, I listened to a few more songs from Mono. Mofo was right; it's too slow and "pretty" for me. :reject:

Make sure to listen to The Battle To Heaven, it's probably the heaviest song on the album.

I'll have to remember to check out God is an Astronaut's Myspace after work, cant access Myspace here.

Been meaning to mention how much i like this song. Thanks for letting us know about it. :up:

Well damn. Explosions in the Sky is playing here on a Saturday night in late June, at a venue I like, after school's over, while I'm still in town and No Age is opening.

I just listened to an mp3 of a song from their newest album and I really liked it. Tickets are 20 clams (30 after LiveNation bends me over), and I'm just tired enough to seriously consider going to see a band I know nothing about.

Holy crapoli, GO TO THAT SHOW.

Don't think twice. You'll love Explosions in the Sky for the rest of your life, trust me. And if you get to see No Age on the bill as well, seems like a no brainer. Do it!

Damnit, Martha. I just looked the show up, Eluvium is opening in LA as well. You HAVE to go to that show!!!!!

Go to this page. Click on each album, there will be a free song to download from each one, and "The Rescue" in its entirety. Make sure to get the tracks from The Earth is a Cold Dead Place and Those Who Tell the Truth. Between Sigur Ros and Mogwai, I almost entirely owe my love of post-rock to those two albums alone.

http://www.explosionsinthesky.com/albums.html

There are a ton on their Myspace as well:

http://www.myspace.com/explosionsinthesky

SERIOUSLY GO! EITS was one of the most intense live experiences I've ever, ever had, and I've seen some great performers over the past couple years. It was out of this world how the music envelopes you and you get lost in it. So amazing. :drool:

Yeah, if you have the chance don't pass it up, once you listen to them you'll kick yourself.

SERIOUSLY GO! EITS was one of the most intense live experiences I've ever, ever had, and I've seen some great performers over the past couple years. It was out of this world how the music envelopes you and you get lost in it. So amazing. :drool:

:hi5:

Yeah, if you have the chance don't pass it up, once you listen to them you'll kick yourself.

:hi5:

Well damn. Explosions in the Sky is playing here on a Saturday night in late June, at a venue I like, after school's over, while I'm still in town and No Age is opening.

I just listened to an mp3 of a song from their newest album and I really liked it. Tickets are 20 clams (30 after LiveNation bends me over), and I'm just tired enough to seriously consider going to see a band I know nothing about.

Well, I won't be going. I'm ok with it. I'll be leaving for Nebraska, Iowa, and Indiana the day after the concert, and this girl just can't do early mornings after late nights anymore. Of course, I never really could before, but it's worse now.

I don't know what I'm missing, so please don't tell me.

Well, I won't be going. I'm ok with it. I'll be leaving for Nebraska, Iowa, and Indiana the day after the concert, and this girl just can't do early mornings after late nights anymore. Of course, I never really could before, but it's worse now.

I don't know what I'm missing, so please don't tell me.

:sad: I'll keep my mouth shut. :wink: I'm sure you'll have a great time traveling! :D

I'm not sure how many people here ever heard of Maybeshewill, who had a fantastic debut album last year, but their second album is due out next month, and it's been available on their recent tour, so naturally it's online now.

Great album, although the first was better.

I'm still enjoying that free God Is An Astronaut song you posted, Phanan.

For the love of all things holy, WHY have I still not ordered any of their albums?! I recently received a $50 Visa gift card, maybe I'll spend it all on Amazon and attempt to redeem myself.

Caspian_72cmyk.jpg

:drool:

Back
Top Bottom