The Post-Rock Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, I saw Sleepmakeswaves play their first headlining gig last night. Tiny club in Melbourne, can't have been 150 people there. Hell, there were more people at a pub last week when I saw the Aussie U2 Show. Deserved a much better turnout.

It was fucking fantastic stuff. I Will Write Peace On Your Wings was excellent. They did a couple of new songs that were quality and I can't wait for them to be recorded in studio. The closer was One Day You Will Teach Me To Let Go Of Your Fears, complete with Tim Charles from Ne Obliviscaris on violin. Awesome. Just wish they'd played longer!

One of the openers, A State Of Flux, were pretty sweet too (though not post-rock); I picked up their EP.

One of the openers, A State Of Flux, were pretty sweet too (though not post-rock); I picked up their EP.

I'm listening to them now 'cause that's a really cool band name ... :D They have quite an interesting sound. I think I like it.

It's a great album, glad I picked it up based on youz guyz'z recommendation. Been a slow year for post-rock for me, outside of this and Mono's new album, i don't think I've picked anything else up.

Munaf from Explosions was at Dirty Projectors last night.

Thought that was worth mentioning.

I didn't get a chance to speak to him, but he was very nice at FFF last year when I did. I'll assume a new album is closer now than it was then.

I listened to it while working today. I like it too. Not sure if I think it's as good as the incredible scores it's getting, but I do like it.

Found this band called Not to Reason Why today and had a listen to their debut album, Would You Hug Fire?, and what do you know? It's fucking great. It's got excellent percussion, orchestral parts, and plenty of crashing sound. The closing track, "Ancients," is a twelve-minute long epic complete with all of the above features. Definitely one of the better post-rock albums I've heard from this year, so far. :up:

I enjoy the new Pelican album, don't get me wrong, but I think it's fairly clearly their weakest so far. Stunned at some of the ratings in the media.

How were they live? They're here on Friday, may try to talk some friends into going if I'm in the concertin' mood.

Back
Top Bottom