The next Larry Mullen? Very possibly.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StormierZiggy

The Fly
Ok, I'm not sure if this is right section, but here goes anyway.

You lads and lassies here at interference, jaded and sarcasm infected as you are, do know the wheat from the chaff, the majority of the time.

So anyway, I make YouTube videos, as you may or may not know, that usually follow the template of a v-log, or blog, whatever you call it, its the same thing. No before you ask, I havent started this topic to plug my blog, I'll go on. (But y'know, FEEL FREE to check my blogs :p:p)

Anyway, so occasionally I do a video thats a bit different, and my MAAD! The Stupid Files mini series is just that. (It really is a mini series, only 2 episodes thus far)

Anyway, in this vid, the 2nd stupid files, my mate Matt isn't even playing his best, yet he is without a doubt, immensely talented. His drumming idol is Larry Mullen, so I was wondering what yall here thought about his prospects of being a professional drummer. Being my age tho, 15, his style is pretty fast and furious, but his playstyle generally is very Larry-esque.

Also, for those who care, I'm the tw@ in the hat(no relation to Dr Seuss' character), and the asian dude, Sultan, has only been playing drums 2 months, so he isnt great at the mo.

Anyway, Matt first comes into the video at the start, but doesnt drum until 2.02 into the video.

So, feel free to give feedback on both the video and the drumming, my editing was the best I could do with Movie Maker ^_^ Those eagle eyed U2 fans may also notice me attempt to do things from 2 different U2 songs when on the drums (I'm the hatted guy remember), but I fail horribly :(

Peace out, Zig

YouTube - MAAD! - The Stupid Files #2- An Emo and His Drumkit

I liked Matt's drumming but I'm more concerned about whether Sultan is cool with being referred to as "resident suicide bomber" with middle name "taliban". :huh:

I liked Matt's drumming but I'm more concerned about whether Sultan is cool with being referred to as "resident suicide bomber" with middle name "taliban". :huh:

Haha of course he is, we're brilliant mates, and we joke about with that sort of shit all the time ^_^ I asked him anyway if it was cool to put that in the vid, and he basically said "do you need to ask?", hes a really sound guy, one of the best.

I didnt realise you were Scottish Zigmeister. Always good to have a felow jock on board. I reckon yer mate could easily be in a band

I didnt realise you were Scottish Zigmeister. Always good to have a felow jock on board. I reckon yer mate could easily be in a band

Aye mate, don't reckon I mentioned it :O nice to meet another scotsman tho :D

And I reckon he should have no problem, he's dynamite, I might have more trouble with my rather limited skills tho :p

Back
Top Bottom