The National - Trouble Will Find Anthony Fantano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like that setlist, PFan. I would probably replace Cherry Trea or Sea of Love for Start a War. I would maybe try to add Lit Up too.

The real Slick Mahony wouldn't care about others' thoughts on taking up space.

Hmmm, I'll go with a 23-song ultimate setlist.

01. Don't Swallow The Cap
02. Bloodbuzz Ohio
03. Mistaken for Strangers
04. Sea of Love
05. Available
06. Apartment Story
07. All The Wine
08. This Is The Last Time
09. Squalor Victoria
10. Afraid of Everyone
11. Abel
12. Graceless
13. Karen
14. Exile Vilify
15. Pink Rabbits
16. England
17. Fake Empire

18. Humiliation
19. Guest Room
20. I Need My Girl
21. About Today
22. Mr. November
23. Terrible Love

So, my gig was great. Shouted in the mic drunk as fuck the chorus to Mr. November with Matt while he was standing on the beer stand, the usual stuff. Good times!

I fucking love wearing shorts. If I lived somewhere where it was hot year round, I'd never not wear shorts.

That would have been way more fun if they asked better questions. Only the shorts and cloning things brought out any decent response.

49.jpg

4AD sent an update. They are getting closer to shipping the box set. Im guessing it will take at least a couple of weeks until it arrives. Oh well.

Bout damn time, and at least they're making an effort to be somewhat transparent with this ordeal. All my anger will melt away once I finally have it, I'm sure.

Same here. I'm still pretty disappointed, but I will quickly forget it in a couple of weeks.

She should have written "fuck me and make me a drink for a ticket".

I've watched them on youtube, and as much as I like them, I would not offer sexual services for the experience. In fact I wouldn't offer money. Matt is missing, live. Badly missing.

I just assume it was a reference to some reviewer i don't know exists.

His voice, I mean. Not that the guy isn't physically there, and in the moment, and putting in 100%: he is. But that voice, so unignorable on record, just seems thin and very limited in the concert clips I've seen. Like, all of them.

I could not disagree more.

And it goes without saying that online clips do no justice to being there. That's mostly why I hardly ever watch them.

Yeah, I've heard that, or variations of it, many times. True enough I suppose, although why did artists ever bother releasing live albums back in the day, if there was no value in hearing a quality recording of the live event? And I have little trouble discerning, say, 1993 model U2's greatness, from even a relatively low quality youtube video.

Berninger has his ups and downs, but overall, he's a solid live singer. His energy and overall energetic performance make up for some weaker vocal performances.

I'll say this, the band are very, very good in some of the recent stuff I've seen. And to an extent it would be a moot point me paying to see them... as they will very likely never play anywhere near me.

Pretty darn sure that my location is 'William Randolph Hearst'.

I live in, let's say, south east Queensland. And I don't do festivals. As with Radiohead, it would have to be a stand-alone show in Brisbane (not that I could get tickets in their case; sold out instantly). To my knowledge, they've never done that in the past. A festival, a couple of shows in places like Sydney, if memory serves me?

Back
Top Bottom