The Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Naya

Refugee
Anybody else into them?

Saw them at "Splendour in the Grass" in Byron Bay and they seriously amazed me. They kicked ass ! My main act to see was Coldplay but I liked "The Music"`s performance better. Robert Harvey`s stage presence is awesome !

I like what I've heard.

Cujo is the resident 'The Music' fanatic/guru here.

I still need to buy their album.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
i can't get into them simply for the fact i still have nightmares of mr robbie the raver grinding his pelvis in front of me. :crazy: :down:

Oddly, I'm pretty sure that was one of the reasons Cujo got into them.....

He described it more as 'a heavenly gift' and not a nightmare though.

:wink:

lol it was at the coldplay concert. my friends and i were on the rail front row to the stage. and during The Music's set my friend and i kept making fun of the singer. :reject: anyhow i think he was on to our antics so he stood right in front of us and started grinding his mic stand. it was so lovely. :angry:

Ahem, why was I not invited?

<-------

Anyways... The Music have really struck a chord with me. It's a combination of their dance/punk/folk/rock style, and that rhythmically pleasing mic humping of the vocalist... affectionately known as Robbie the Raver.

Their debut album is fantastic in my opinion... I'm eagerly awaiting the follow-up. Although, there are quite a few EP's out on the market... easily acquired through Tower Records.

As well I did see them as an opening act for Coldplay... it's sad that I bought tix solely to see the non-headlining group. If you're interested, I wrote up a review of the concert in my journal... I believe it was my May 22nd entry.

Great to see other People interested.

Pretty soon, you might as well try and fuck me

:sexywink:

Initially I thought so too... but it does have a flow to it, that most new records can't or haven't captured. Could be honesty, could be blatant na?vety... it is refreshing though.

IMO.

:sexywink:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
lol it was at the coldplay concert. my friends and i were on the rail front row to the stage. and during The Music's set my friend and i kept making fun of the singer. :reject: anyhow i think he was on to our antics so he stood right in front of us and started grinding his mic stand. it was so lovely. :angry:

MVD you're so mean to poor Robbie ! :lol:

Cujo thats a good review you wrote. :up:

F*ck! Can't believe I missed this thread.

I saw The Music at Splendour in the Grass and they blew me away.

I think if they stay that good they'll be a huge band.

8/10 for the album.
9.7/10 live.

I don't own their album, but every time I hear them on the radio, I feel like dancing. That to me is a good thing.
I didn't get to attend the Splendour concert:( but fortunately Triple J recorded it and have been playing sets by each band on sunday evenings. I caught the coldplay one and was driving home when i heard the last few songs of The Music's set. I said to my son, just as well I wasn't there, 'cause by the sounds of that, I'd be "going OFF":)
They programmed RAGE when they were in Australia and gave U2 a mention:)
High Voltage Rock n Roll...imho:dance:

TylerDurden said:
F*ck! Can't believe I missed this thread.

I saw The Music at Splendour in the Grass and they blew me away.

I think if they stay that good they'll be a huge band.

8/10 for the album.
9.7/10 live.

Yeah, the live recording comes out on Sept. 1st on DVD in most places... but what's this about an album?

I know one thing... they are fucking hard to search for. I think that's intentional.

But I listened to the album for the first time a few days and I gotta say I was QUITE impressed.

Elvis Presley said:
you can buy the album at Target for 8.99......

Hmmm, time to make my promise to Cujo come true then.

I have Target in my......target.....

After listening to this record countless times... I'm still impressed by the guitar playing. It is minimalist at points, but mostly brilliant. Phil Nutter definitely went to the Edge school of guitar playing, and I'm thankful for that. The thrash school of metal diploma has no value to me.

:up:

Check out Too High and Dragon Song, if you can get the Getaway Single EP. Great instrumentals.

Back
Top Bottom