The Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2dork said:
Ha! Ha! I just found this. I was at the Atlanta Coldplay show that was discussed in the beginning of this thread. The microphone grinding was a bit much for me as well.

Despite having that image burned into my memory, I like the new song very much. Great stuff.

:lmao: did you have the front row view like me?

oh and for the new album. it was made in Atlanta. :sexywink:

Last edited:
cujo said:
I've been holding out on reviewing Welcome To The North for several reasons... mostly due to the fact that I hold such high esteem for their debut record, and I wanted to give this new release time to breathe. And it did.

Don't forget that you wanted to piss me off by not letting me know how it was :mad: :wink:

I've only listened to the new album once in its entirety. I really liked it. Look forward to getting more acquainted. :up:

I absolutely loved the first album, so I was really looking forward to 'Welcome to the North'. I picked it up last Tuesday and the first time I listened to it, I was thrown off a bit. I knew it would be different than the first album, but it was quite a bit different. Some elements are still there, but the songs are more polished, accessible songs. It is an album that more people would listen to. The more I listen to it, the more I love it, there are so many subtle sounds in the songs that are awesome. I am going to see them next week open for Incubus. Actually, I am only going to see them, I can't wait!

Popstar said:
I absolutely loved the first album, so I was really looking forward to 'Welcome to the North'. I picked it up last Tuesday and the first time I listened to it, I was thrown off a bit. I knew it would be different than the first album, but it was quite a bit different. Some elements are still there, but the songs are more polished, accessible songs. It is an album that more people would listen to. The more I listen to it, the more I love it, there are so many subtle sounds in the songs that are awesome. I am going to see them next week open for Incubus. Actually, I am only going to see them, I can't wait!

Good review/impressions. I totally agree.

In some way, I honestly think I like this album more than the last one. We'll see if it stays that way.

I agree with what you guys have said too... similar to the sentiments I posted earlier.

No worries Popstar. I only went to the Coldplay show to see The Music.

:sexywink:

I am quite excited.

The Music have planned two headlining dates in North America for their preliminary Halo 2: The North Tour (I think that's the title, part of a promotional deal). Interestingly enough, they happen to be going to Winnipeg on December 12th, and...

Calgary on December 9th.

That's right. Eat it up.

That's awesome Cujo! Although Winnipeg and Calgary seem a little bit odd, but hey, I couldn't believe they were coming in Hamilton, On.

I can't get enough of the album, I listen to it all day at work, I'm sure my co-workers are getting a little tired of hearing it.

Got my tickets.

:up:

I don't think it's fair to suggest that Calgary and Winnipeg are lacking in their respective music scenes. Growing markets maybe, but definitely established. Besides, I'm sure there are many insightful members from this site, who let's say... were born in Winnipeg and reside in Calgary.

Yeah. Think about it.

yeah, i finally heard it the other day, too...

:up: sounds good. i still haven't bought the first one...

I think you'll enjoy. Unfortunately I believe that Live at the Blank Canvas is not readily available in the States.

Make me proud nonetheless martha.

:up:

(Bleed From Within single is set for a January release)

Some bad news for Music fans...really bad if you're a huge fan of Bleed From Within...from the email I received today from The Music:

The Music are set to release a new single, Breakin’ on January 10th 2005 through Virgin Records and not Bleed From Within as previously announced. Breakin’ is taken from their second top ten album, Welcome To The North, which was released in late September to much acclaim.

Problems with the production of the video for Bleed From Within has forced the change of plan, as Robert Harvey explains:

"Bleed From Within is the one of the most important songs on the album. Lyrically it means a lot to me, and we put a lot of thought in to the making of the video. It's really important the video puts across what the song is about and what it means to all of us. There's still work to do on it and it's not going to be ready in time for the single but we think it will be special when it's done. We're just not prepared to compromise with this video.”

On the 9th I saw The Music live for the second time.

The entire set was supremely executed, and the songs from the new album complemented fluidly with the existing material. I posted the setlist and some thoughts on their forum, if anyone is particularly interested:

The Music Live

Dear Cujo,

I am jealous of you. That concerto sounds like it was good and or sexciting. When will we make our 'The Music Tribute' group? I'm ready to take the long road and bleed from within.

-Me

Yes.

The You Might As Well Try To Fuck Me's will be coming to a Singapore venue near you.

Back
Top Bottom