The Knife

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you don't hear from me again, it's JT's fault.

EDIT: I'm fairly sure it's not legal, as it looks like you can download the mp3. I removed it after posting. Sorry, I'm a bastard about this stuff.

Thank you for the free MP3, mofo, if you're still alive.

It's not bad on first listen. A little melody-less maybe, which is a bit disappointing. But it certainly has a lot of energy.

Thanks again for the free MP3

Your silence has filled me with much guilt. So much so that I erased the file

z5EnX9r.jpg

Between this, Bowie, and YYY, it's going to be a banner year for shitty album art.

The song is available on iTunes now as well. I like it a great deal.

You're right, it doesn't look like it's on iTunes now (I still had it on the "Shaking the Habitual" page from this morning, re-searched and it was gone). Assume it will be up tonight, Tuesday releases and such. I bought it there this morning though, so it definitely was up.

I'm actually much more offended by GAF choosing JT over me for his dream band. I may have to trek to Utah to learn the ways of the musket.

Someone on Twitter called this new song "an encapsulation of what insanity might sound like". Pretty close to the money I'd reckon. Cool tune though.

A menacing new sound appears...sounding sort of like a burp.

Even more strange noises!

Now we settle into an extended instrumental passage with taut bursts of futuristic tones. Guitar maybe? Probably not.

Sounds like someone laughing in the background...might also be a sound effect...or someone scratching a vinyl record.

Vocals getting scarier and more heavily processed here around the halfway mark.

That laughing sound reappears...now more like the shrieks of a caged monkey at the zoo.

"When you're full of fire, what's the object of your desire?"

Switch of pace and intensity there in the last couple of minutes. Weird song. Thanks for reading.

Album is streaming on Pitchfork. Not sure if I'm going to listen to it or just wait. Probably the album I'm most excited for at this point.

Back
Top Bottom