The Killers - Battle Born

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:shrug: U2 pushed back the 360 tour at least four months until after the release of NLOTH. One month isn't so wild.

Ugh- would love to see them at Cosmo in Vegas, but NYE weekend on the Strip is going to be spendy. Will have to do some serious thinking about that one.

No Phoenix date. :sad:

So yeah, hoping this list is incomplete and that they'll throw an AZ date in there somewhere.

They will obviously do more US dates in 2013. They should've left their NYC date until 2013 since they will have already done two smaller NYC shows in the lead up to the album - I probably won't go to the MSG date since I am seeing the Bronx show tomorrow, but if they had left it until the Spring or Summer of 2013 I might have gone again. :)

Yeah, and for all of the month of October they're not doing anything. 1 date. The album comes out tomorrow. They have 1 tour date until the end of October. That seems really strange.

They're doing Amex Unstaged tomorrow (9/18). There will be a livestream of this on youtube/vevo.
They're doing Live at Letterman on Sept 19th.
They'll be on Good Morning America on Sept 21st.
They'll be on Jimmy Kimmel on Sept 24th.
And on Ellen on Sept 28th.

That's all album promotion, not a tour.
And on Sept 22nd they play a show in Toronto and on Sept 26th a show in LA.

I assume October will be used to prep for the UK tour.

Nothing really stands out as truly great on this album from what I've heard. Hot Fuss was an instant classic, one of the best debuts by any band, but all subsequent Killers albums seem to fall short of it!

Oh well, I reckon I'll use the money for Muse's upcoming record instead...

Just watched the i-tunes festival on youtube. The new songs really come off better live than on the album: Flesh & Bones and Miss Atomic Bomb especially.

...and they will be playing really close by on Nov 30th so I'm gonna have to get tickets. Plus Tegan and Sara is a pretty good opener.

Got cancelled due to inclement weather. :((

I thought it was just a couple of songs that got missed, not the whole thing - at least that's what Brandon said at the show...

Speaking of which, I was at the Paradise tonight and The Killers were fabulous! I thought they were in top form already, and it's still very early on. They seemed very spirited as well. Amazing how much Brandon has grown as a front man since I first saw them seven years ago.

Originally was way up there near the last few rows of the theater in the 3rd mezzanine, but 20 minutes into the show a guy with a lot of wristbands came around, and I got upgraded to the pit! :D I don't think that's ever happened to me before, it was great! :)

Do you get anything else from joining the Victims besides the pre-sale code? This package deal they're offering is tempting, but a pre-sale code is a onetime only thing pretty much, ya'know?

So it seems like Battle Born isn't for someone who only thinks Hot Fuss is decent? I'll skip this one I think.

The Killers battle U2's shadow | News.com.au

"In a way, every band since The Joshua Tree lives in the shadow of that record," Flowers says. "I literally live in the shadow of joshua trees. I'm reminded every f---ing day of that album, I drive past those trees every single day. I probably think about The Joshua Tree every day when I see them. I don't know that it's good for me. It's a little bit depressing."

Do you get anything else from joining the Victims besides the pre-sale code? This package deal they're offering is tempting, but a pre-sale code is a onetime only thing pretty much, ya'know?

I'm a victim and there is no presale code. I didn't buy the bundle either. I think they grandfathered me in while the site was down (was a member before) and per the site its a lifetime membership. :shrug: You just have to be logged in as a member.

I just got 6 GAs (family and friends) to their show on Dec 18th this morning!:hyper:

I mean, U2's fanclub comes with benefits besides the presale code (even if they're laughable), so I was just wondering.

I will, however, in all likelihood be passing this gig up. It just occurred to me it's the same day I'm thinking of going to Jamaica.

OK, looks like we'll be home on the 21st after all...but...did I just waste a ton of money? I see nothing about a pre-sale for Chicago for The Victims. Just a "radio pre-sale" whatever that is...

Back
Top Bottom