The Killers - Battle Born

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That album cover rules.

@U2Fanatic4ever:
thanks for the report. My sister somehow got tix for the Webster Hall show in NYC, her mind was also blown.

can't wait for this album.

you are welcome! :D I really need to post my pics here.. I keep forgetting..:huh:

I am telling you the energy off the band especially Brandon was electrifying.. He was so happy and the crowd was feeding off that. I have seen them a few times and I am telling you he has matured and is really comfortable up there now on the stage.. A frontman finally. First few times I saw him he was not really connecting, looked awkward, nervous almost.

I really think the rest of this album is going to be fantastic and I can't wait to see them on the full tour soon!

Track List is now up on wikipedia:

1. "Flesh and Bone"
2. "Runaways"
3. "The Way It Was"
4. "Here with Me"
5. "A Matter of Time"
6. "Deadlines and Commitments"
7. "Miss Atomic Bomb"
8. "The Rising Tide"
9. "Heart of a Girl"
10. "From Here on Out"
11. "Be Still"
12. "Battle Born"
Deluxe Edition
13. "Carry Me Home"
14. "Flesh And Bone (Jacques lu Cont Remix)"
15. "Prize Fighter"

Already pre-ordered through itunes - here's hoping we get a leak a couple of weeks out!

Is the 14th of September (Aus release date) the earliest of any country?

I will never again hope for a Killers leak. Not after the last two times (Day & Age and Flamingo)

Not only did they not leak, but Day and Age was out for almost an ENTIRE DAY in Japan before anyone even torrented it.

Hoping some US shows will get announced soon.
Looking forward to seeing these guys again!

Me too, have been keeping my eyes peeled. Also hoping they will be the first band I see at the new arena here in Brooklyn, been saying it's gonna be a race between them and Muse, but with Muse doing elsewhere first, The Killers can win the honor if they'd just announce already. ;D

Me too, have been keeping my eyes peeled. Also hoping they will be the first band I see at the new arena here in Brooklyn, been saying it's gonna be a race between them and Muse, but with Muse doing elsewhere first, The Killers can win the honor if they'd just announce already. ;D

Recent inteview with Muse band members this week said early next year for the US shows.

I have a bad feeling that Muse and Killers shows will be at the same time (spring). Ugh! :down:

Last time I saw the Killers the show was in January though, so a winter tour is certainly not out of the question.

Just scored a ticket this morning to their special AMEX Unstaged show in The Bronx (!) on release day! :D Think I had my junior high school graduation a century ago in the theater the show is at. :wink: My seat's way up there but at least it's a smaller theater and not an arena.

The got a pretty lofty director for the webcast too:

The Killers Team With Werner Herzog for Live Concert Webcast | Music News | Rolling Stone

wow! how did you manage to score a ticket?? I am jealous! and I just posted the same link above.. :wink:

I got it through the AMEX pre-sale, which I only found out about through AMEX's Twitter about 15 minutes after it started. I kept trying for about 10 minutes, and then finally singles were popping up at around 10:25AM. At least I am in the house! They may still be popping up occasionally, so worth a shot if not otherwise busy...

TM needs to get a grip with their captchas though, they are getting ridiculously hard to read, think I got the captcha wrong over 50% of the time when going for the ticket this morning.

I got it through the AMEX pre-sale, which I only found out about through AMEX's Twitter about 15 minutes after it started. I kept trying for about 10 minutes, and then finally singles were popping up at around 10:25AM. At least I am in the house! They may still be popping up occasionally, so worth a shot if not otherwise busy...

TM needs to get a grip with their captchas though, they are getting ridiculously hard to read, think I got the captcha wrong over 50% of the time when going for the ticket this morning.

cool!

I didn't get any emails about this.. :( So it looks like the general sale is on friday.. I might try and get some.

what I am really frustrated at is the Victims membership ( I have been checking for the last few months) has been unavailable for a while so I can't get on these presales.. When are they going to make this available???:angry:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
what I am really frustrated at is the Victims membership ( I have been checking for the last few months) has been unavailable for a while so I can't get on these presales.. When are they going to make this available???:angry:

They are trying to get people to buy thar superdeluxe version for the codes. I like the Killers, but not enough to spend $77 on an album.

Initial impressions:

Deadlines and Commitments, Be Still, Battle Born and The Way It Was are all cracking tunes.

All well and truely worthy of a place on any other album of theirs. Will give the rest a few more listens.

Back
Top Bottom