The Killers - Battle Born

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Killers to release hits compilation featuring two new songs - listen | News | NME.COM

The traclisting for 'Direct Hits' is:

'Mr Brightside'
'Somebody Told Me'
'Smile Like You Mean It'
'All These Things That I’ve Done'
'When You Were Young'
'Read My Mind'
'For Reasons Unknown'
'Human'
'Spaceman'
'A Dustland Fairytale'
'Runaways'
'Miss Atomic Bomb'
'The Way It Was'
'Shot At The Night'
'Just Another Girl'

Deluxe Version tracks:
Mr Brightside (Original Demo)
When You Were Young (Calvin Harris remix)
Be Still

This band has continuously thrown Flesh & Bone into the ground. Seriously? If they're going to put anything other than Runaways, the only two songs that are worthy of mention for "greatest hits" off BB are F&B and Miss Atomic Bomb. What a disgrace.

Where the hell is Jenny? Bones? Tranquilize? Tracklisting gets an F.

I like the new song though.

New song's good. This greatest hits screams either getting out of a contract, or an excuse to tour.

A Dustland Fairytale isn't much chop. This Is Your Life would have been a much better representative from Day & Age, I reckon

Thing is... all of it is somewhat justifiable. Three songs from each album.

It's the song selection from BB that's laughable. And perhaps the lack of recognition for Sawdust.

Bones sucks anyway. lol. The River Is Wild deserves to be in there though.

But... Greatest Hits collection after only 4 albums?? :scratch:

ETA: Ohh it's the end of a decade... well, fair enough I guess.

Bones is the only real exclusion from the album in terms of singles. Personally, I'm sort of glad that it isn't a complete representation of every one of their singles though. Things like Jenny Was a Friend of Mine and or the Sawdust singles (Shadowplay and Tranquilize) can still be discovered after buying the other albums, you know?

I'm sort of happy The Way It Was was included as the "non-single" for the album, probably due to its reception during the live shows this past year. Considering that Here With Me didn't do anything chart-wise, I don't think it's too big of a loss there.

But is it? If you had to choose three songs from Hot Fuss, aren't those three fair too? As much of a favorite that Jenny is...

I'm sure there's no rule that three songs is the maximum, though. I think the choices off Sam's Town are horrible.

Considering all of the albums are equally represents by three songs, it does look like whoever wrote the track listing did sit down and set that stipulation.

But is it? If you had to choose three songs from Hot Fuss, aren't those three fair too? As much of a favorite that Jenny is...

There are actually four songs from Hot Fuss there.

And yes, I'd add another one. It's their most popular album by some distance.

Oh, my mistake! No doubt, if there's no strict setting then I would agree. I'd remove everything but Runaways from BB too. And maybe add F&B. Maybe this is a stretch to some, but I feel like Bling is one of their best songs.

And yes, I'd add another one. It's their most popular album by some distance.

If I were writing a best of for The Killers, it'd probably have like 10 songs prior to Day & Age and even with new tracks, it'd probably only be like 16 songs. I guess you could say I like the early stuff better in this instance.

But I really don't care what they release at this point because odds are I won't listen to it.

Jenny was never released as a single. (Of course neither was 'The Way It Was') perhaps that was the reasoning? Im guessing they just didn't want to make it too Hot Fuss heavy.

They could have swapped Jenny for Smile Like You Mean It I suppose.

Im guessing they just didn't want to make it too Hot Fuss heavy.

I think that's exactly what it was. Add Jenny or any other Hot Fuss track, and it's 1/3 of the album at 5 total songs. Not really giving people an incentive to buy Hot Fuss in the future, you know?

Maybe this is a stretch to some, but I feel like Bling is one of their best songs.

Nope, I totally agree. :)

It's a greatest hits, not a best of. Anyway, I'd switch it off after track 6. I used to like them so much and now they're just kinda there, like Muse and The Strokes.

"Greatest Hits" is fact. And "Best Of" is opinion. There's no point in even discussing greatest hits then, as to what should've made it and what shouldn't be there.

I still haven't heard Battle Born for some reason. :/

I kind of forgot that The Killers even released an album last year.

It seemed to leave just as quickly as it arrived.

"Greatest Hits" is fact. And "Best Of" is opinion. There's no point in even discussing greatest hits then, as to what should've made it and what shouldn't be there.

I still haven't heard Battle Born for some reason. :/

Greatest Hits for them should at least include every single... There's more than enough room.

Back
Top Bottom