The Killers - Battle Born

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
----

i think killers are overrated

after HOT FUSS which sold 3,5 million in the us, they were celebrated by critics and fans

they have good songs but also a lot of fillers on their albums

Totally disagree.

Hot Fuss got all the fan praise and everything else since has always gotten some form of generally unwarranted criticism.

And the only album with filler on it is Battle Born. I think that's why I love the Killers so much. They avoid filler crap so well.

original.0

I agree that with the Killers, album filler seems to really stand out more so than it does with other artists, especially on the first two albums in their latter halves.

after HOT FUSS which sold 3,5 million in the us, they were celebrated by critics and fans

I disagree, for the most part.

Sam's Town: My favorite Killers album. The only track I would consider filler would be "My List." The rest of the album is fantastic.

Day and Age: My least favorite album of theirs, but still pretty consistent. Songs 1-7 are solid and with some nice changes of sound/approach for the band with I can't stay, This Is Your Life, Dustland Fairytale. The last 3 songs are hit and miss with a lot of people, but are by no means duds IMO.

Battle Born: This is my 2nd favorite Killers album after Sam's Town, but I agree it's a little bloated. The album does a great job in telling a cohesive story, but would have been better had it been cut down to a more concise 10 song album.

im disappointed by the sales of battle born, as it is solid and a step for the band

the killers worked with DANIEL LANOIS and LILLYWHITE

in the past they worked also with flood

:crack:

---

i said that HOT FUSS was in my eyes totally overrated, there are 5 awesome songs which have become classics.

But the rest is forgettable.

SAMS TOWN is the complete opposite, its very underrated, and sold actually only a quarter of the sales in the us (1,000,000 contrary to the 3,800,000 of hot fuss)

--

they are not in the same league like u2

but honestly i was disappointed by both, the album and the sales of their last studio effort

when i heard that they are working with LILLYWHITE; and lanois etc.
i had expected better results

Why would anybody be disappointed with sales? Who gives a shit about sales?

when i heard that they are working with LILLYWHITE; and lanois etc.
i had expected better results

Battle Born was a bit hit or miss with me at first, even though Runaways has grown on me a tad since seeing it live. But it would have been interesting to see what each could have come up with if they had a chance to work on a whole album with them. I think scheduling proved to be difficult for each of the producers, hence why there's like five of them for this album.

That being said, some of the stuff Lanois and Lillywhite did with the band turned out pretty good. Lillywhite helped produce Flesh & Bone, while Lanois co-wrote The Way it Was with them (even if it did turn out to be a the main riff of This is Your Life played a half-step lower!).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom