The Interferencer Cover Song Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nicely done, LemonMelon. I especially liked the guitar work during the instrumental part of Grapefruit Moon :up:

Oddly enough, the only one close to ready I recorded drunk.

Is it Womanfish? Either way, I think you should finish it up and share with the class

It should be, shouldn't it? No, it's actually The Geese of Beverly Road.

I intend to do a lot of recording when I get home for the winter holiday. My roommate makes it difficult to do much here.

I really liked both of those, Tray-vis. And you managed to make a Tom Waits song listenable :wink:

Jive's awesome cover lit a fire under my ass, so I managed to figure out why I was having syncing issues with Audacity, fixed the problem, and now have two covers to share with you guyz:

Silver Jews - Random Rules

Tom Waits - Grapefruit Moon

Not sure how familiar most of you are with these tracks, but that's all part of the fun.
I had heard neither of those songs, but the guitar playing is just great.

I just finished up what I think is a damn good Terrible Love for one take on each track (guitars and vocals).

And yes, I've been drinking heavily.

I am hammered. I just finished Terrible Love instead of Geese just BECAUASE. Backing vocals! Allow me to try and upload. This is tough.

Re: comments to my covers, thanks a bunch, guys. I like covering more obscure shit because a) I'm a hipster douchebag and b) because no one knows what it's supposed to sound like.

Re: Peef, kudos to you for singing into the microphone and remaining conscious. Well done. Now you know how challenging it is for Matt every night.

i need to get audacity back on this computer. not because i'm going to inflict any horrible acoustic renditions of anything on you folks, but simply because i miss it.

Very nice, Peef. Bonus points for the harmonies :up:
I'm considering Oh My Sweet Carolina for my next recording and I'll need to try a harmony for that one :crazy:

Here's one more old one (actually, theres another one too, but it's more of a joke recording. I might post it sometime)
This is a Connor Oberst song, but not Bright Eyes. It's pretty long, so once you get to 2:30, you've gotten the gist and can turn it off

YouTube - Milk Thistle

Good shit, everybody.

I really need to contribute something. Give me some time to get a microphone for this computer, and some time to fine tune my RAH RAH AH AH AHHHHHS and I'll drop a little acoustic Bad Romance on you motherfuckers.

Or Floyd's Wish You Were Here. Either one. Maybe both.

Good job, LemonMelon. I think half of the fun is trying to layer the different tracks together. Glad you posted again :up: I was wondering if this thread was gone for good. I should really pick up my guitar and do a new one. Everything I've posted thus far is at least 6 months old

Cant seem to get it to work, Peefer Sutherland. Neither the streaming or download options would work for me. Perhaps another upload?

I'm gonna post another in a second. It's uploading to the tubes at the moment

Man, that's really good! The guitar tone is almost spot on. Nice vocals too

Here's mine. It's more of a joke. I couple months back I had a sore throat and was trying to sing Runaway by The National and realized how scruffy my voice sounded. So I learned a couple verses of Downtown Train and did a little Tom Waits cover. Couldn't be bothered learning the whole thing

YouTube - no title

Oh, hi cover song thread.

Very nicely done, LemonMelon. Great choices too. I was thinking of doing Hide Your Love Away but you've got it covered nicely.
Also, some expert tambourinin' going on there

moar

Back
Top Bottom