The Interference Yuletide Playlist Exchange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whoever gets my list is gettin some cool shit:wink:

I love getting people into new bands:hyper:

When should we be sending these? Should I be uploading now, or do we have a week or so?

No, no. Like I said ON THE PREVIOUS PAGE ( :wink: ), I just set that date so everyone could have their playlists before Christmas.

I think I just finished mine. It's 79 minutes and 29 seconds, flows well, and has both a theme and some nice variety. I'll let it sit for a few days, then go back and give it another listen.

Ok, maybe I'm the only person on the planet that has never used Last.fm :lol: :yikes: So I'll try to break it down like this:

Bands/Artists I Either Have All Of Their Stuff, Have Much Of Their Stuff, Or Have All Their Stuff I Like And The Stuff I Don't Have It's For A Reason (Because They Went And Turned Crap Later On) :

U2, Radiohead, Underworld, Bloc Party, Pulp, Pearl Jam, R.E.M., Led Zeppelin, 70s and 80s Bruce Springsteen (+ Ghost of Tom Joad, The Rising and Magic), Peter Gabriel era Genesis, Steely Dan, Style Council, Pixies, The Smiths, Nirvana, The Cure, Depeche Mode, INXS, New Order, Tears For Fears, The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Arcade Fire, Daft Punk, The Chemical Brothers, Orbital, Massive Attack, Tori Amos, Bjork, The Police, The Pretenders, The English Beat, LCD Soundsystem, Smashing Pumpkins, Oasis, Beastie Boys, Garbage, Prince, Nine Inch Nails, Doves, Weezer, Sigur Ros, Simple Minds, OMD, Duran Duran, Cut//Copy

Bands/Artists/Genres I'd LikeTo Hear/Explore More Of:

The Jam, The Sex Pistols, The Clash, The New York Dolls, jazz, Frightened Rabbit, Why?, Eagles Of Death Metal, Wolf Parade, Weezer (anything after the "Green" album), 70s David Bowie, Bat For Lashes, The Whigs, Deerhunter, The Chromatics, New Young Pony Club, The Presets, Jimi Hendrix

Bands/Artists/Genres I Don't Like Or Don't Really Care For:

Red Hot Chili Peppers, singer/songwriter acoustic-y stuff (e.g. Jeff Buckley, Ryan Adams, The Decemberists, Elliot Smith, Conor Oberst, etc.), most rap (except some of the Top 40 hits), most reggae (except Bob Marley I do like), all country :yuck: , and I'm not into metal or black metal or prog metal (though I do like straight Prog Rock).

So, this is just a guideline from me. Please feel free to make whatever kind of cd you wish for me. If it's all metal and country, I will still love it because it came from an Interferencer who put thought, time and effort into it. Feel free to use music I already have if it fits really well. Whatever you want; it's your gift to me. :D

Thank you!

Whoever has me:

I'll be happy with whatever I get. Even if it's a genre I don't normally like, I will happily listen to it, because who knows - maybe your songs will make me like it!

Make me a CD of music you love. :)

I'm not that familiar with last.fm, and just went and took a look.

Wow, it looks like a giant pain in the ass. I don't listen to music on my computer and don't want to sync my iTunes with my iPod, so I'm probably just shit out of luck there anyway.

Oh well. It looked cool until I saw what was involved with actually setting it up.

I'm happy with anything, honkies.

By anything, I mean not metal or Kate Bush.

Wow, it looks like a giant pain in the ass. I don't listen to music on my computer and don't want to sync my iTunes with my iPod, so I'm probably just shit out of luck there anyway.

Oh well. It looked cool until I saw what was involved with actually setting it up.

I live in the stone age and still listen to CDs, so it's pointless for me. :shrug:

its really simple. basically you make an account, install the program, and you're done. it gets all the music from iTunes, which is basically the only way i listen to music, and even when i play music on my iPod when i sync it takes all the tracks i've played and posts them. it's so so easy.

but of course that wouldn't help you, but anyway... ;)

Whoever gets me, I'm not into prog, metal, modern country, or rap. Not that you can't put those things in there. I'm just not into them. Other than that, I'm always up for hearing something new. If there's some local band near you or some obscure track no one else knows about, but you think it's the best, by all means teach me!

And I hope the person I send my list to (like LJT) likes being introduced to new artists. Then again, they're probably only new to me. :lol:

The LastFm thing was just a suggestion for my own benefit:wink: Didn't want to be sending who I will be making the playlist for stuff they have probably heard a 100 times or so....I just get a kick out of introducing people to something new.

And Cori you don't have to sync up your itunes with your ipod or whatever...all you have to do is download the program and that's it. But i'm a list nut hence lastfm appeals to my inner geek.

I'll look a little deeper into the LastFM thing. I listen to my iPod through iTunes at work, but downloading programs from the internet is frowned upon there. I'll see what I can figure out. It definitely looks fun.

I'll look a little deeper into the LastFM thing. I listen to my iPod through iTunes at work, but downloading programs from the internet is frowned upon there. I'll see what I can figure out. It definitely looks fun.
oh, you can download it to your computer at home, and when you sync up your ipod, it'll submit everything then.

i love last.fm. i remember back when it was audioscrobbler, awesomeness :drool: :showoff:

oh, you can download it to your computer at home, and when you sync up your ipod, it'll submit everything then.

But doesn't syncing up my iPod with my iTunes means that whenever I plug in my iPod to the computer, it's going to screw up what's on my iPod? I have it set to not do anything automatically.

But doesn't syncing up my iPod with my iTunes means that whenever I plug in my iPod to the computer, it's going to screw up what's on my iPod? I have it set to not do anything automatically.
as long as you don't have it set up for automatic sync, you'll be fine. when you plug it in, it'll just check quickly to see if there's new software, then you can submit everything you've listened to.

Huh. Hmm. Okay, thanks. I'll have to play around with that a little.

... or think about it for a while, get awfully lazy about it, and never do a damned thing. Ta-da!

Back
Top Bottom