The HUGE (hopefully) Morrissey "Mozzer" (and of course The Smiths) Thread!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Everlastinglove

War Child
The HUGE (hopefully) Morrissey "Mozzer" (and of course The Smiths) Thread!!!!!!

Hi folks!!! :)

Are there any Moz Fans out there in the U2 Universe???? I am really looking forward to his new album (coming out on 7th April!!! ;))

Any Smiths/Moz Fans around here?

IWasBored said:

nope, none. we all hate them/him.

p.s. http://forum.interference.com/t115814.html

Well, they aren't THAT BIG. So we can start a mindblowing Smiths/Moz Thread! :D

To the fight: Moz would win!!! Just because of he cuteness!!!! :) (does this word even exist???) Doesn't matter! He's the best!!!
(P.S. Does anyone of them know why they don't like each other???)

I just rented this cd titled 'The Smiths - Singles' from the local library. It has about 18 songs including There Is A Light, How Soon Is Now and Bigmouth Strikes Again. This is the first time I'm listening to them thanks to Tilli's prompting :hug: I like some songs like the aforementioned ones but a lot of it hasn't quite grown on me yet. After the first couple of listens, many of the songs seem to sound the same. But I'll be giving it a few more spins later this week.

I like The Smiths but really can't stand Mozza on his own....a swift roundhouse kick to his head, from he who should not be mentioned for fear of my own death, would be really nice.....

I don't like a lot of the Moz stuff that I've heard (in fact, I absolutely hate 'The more you ignore me the closer I get') BUT I really, really liked the 'You Are The Quarry' songs I've heard even though I've seen a lot of Moz fans slag off this album...

Zootlesque said:
I just rented this cd titled 'The Smiths - Singles' from the local library. It has about 18 songs including There Is A Light, How Soon Is Now and Bigmouth Strikes Again. This is the first time I'm listening to them thanks to Tilli's prompting :hug:

Tilli, I've added it to my 'Must Buy CD List As Soon As I Get My Slight Cash Flow Problem Sorted Out'. So in a few years I should be the proud owner of a copy! :wink:

:hmm: Maybe I could scrap together the pennies and rent it from the local library. Zootlesque-You're a genius! :hug:

The Central in Library in Belfast is pretty great for CD rental, for £10 a year you get to take 3 CDs out for 3 weeks, you can even just return the 3 you just got out the next day and take out another 3.....plus you can request them to get in certain CDs each month....you can see now where i initially got most of my music from:wink:

Only a 10 quid flight from Bristol:cool:

Plus you need to head over to Belfast anyway...I am there:D

Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want:wink:

TheQuiet1 said:
:hmm: Maybe I could scrap together the pennies and rent it from the local library. Zootlesque-You're a genius! :hug:

:lol: I don't know about that but I should add here that it's the local public library, so I didn't pay a cent! I can rent upto 5 movies on VHS/DVD and (I don't know how many) CDs for FREE.. so long as I have a drivers lisence and I'm a resident of this town! :dance:

LJT said:
Only a 10 quid flight from Bristol:cool:

Plus you need to head over to Belfast anyway...I am there:D

Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want:wink:

:lol: You know it probably would actually work out cheaper for me to fly out to Belfast than to get on the train and go to Bristol! :ohmy:

Zootlesque said:

:lol: I don't know about that but I should add here that it's the local public library, so I didn't pay a cent! I can rent upto 5 movies on VHS/DVD and (I don't know how many) CDs for FREE.. so long as I have a drivers lisence and I'm a resident of this town! :dance:

:shocked: That's how it should be here!

hahahaha

Well lets talk about our favourite songs ;)

MY utmost favourite is Asleep, which i think is the most beautiful song about suicide in the world. :D

I love The Smiths because he sings of a lonely, depressive world i know nothing about so its like i can get a looksie in!! or something to that effect ;)

Re: The HUGE (hopefully) Morrissey "Mozzer" (and of course The Smiths) Thread!!!!!!

Everlastinglove said:
Hi folks!!! :)

Are there any Moz Fans out there in the U2 Universe???? I am really looking forward to his new album (coming out on 7th April!!! ;))

Any Smiths/Moz Fans around here?

And i would also like to know why are you (and tthers) Smiths/Morrisey fans? In my opinion he has brilliant sense of humour, he was able to transform his desperation and sauffering into art, he is sensible, he is strong .
Anyone? And he is so very important part of my development
:yes: :heart:

happily in love with whom????? (Did I miss anything??? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh)! :)

Well, my most heard songs on my player are Charming man on 3, This night has opened my eyes on 2 and Asleep on 1!!!
I am wondering why I didn't commit suicide when it comes to this lyrics!!!! :eyebrow:

No, it's not that bad.
I really, really, really LOVE Morrissey (like all his fans do). He has this kind of charme you would get rid of sometimes. But it's HIM!!!! So it's OK! ;)

My top 3 smiths songs:

1. Well I Wonder
2. There is a Light That Never Goes Out
3. The Boy With The Thorn In His Side

:drool:

TheQuiet1 said:

Tilli, I've added it to my 'Must Buy CD List As Soon As I Get My Slight Cash Flow Problem Sorted Out'. So in a few years I should be the proud owner of a copy! :wink:

Yey! Good stuff :up: I think over here you have to pay a few quid each time to rent CD's from the library, which is a bit crap.

I love The Smiths, but haven't got much stuff by Morrissey, other than Vauxhall and I.

Best Smiths songs:

How Soon Is Now
Shoplifters of the World Unite
Big Mouth Strikes Again

Worst Smiths song:

What Difference Does It Make

My attempts to increase the post count of this thread without resorting to using a cattle prod in a violent manner on non-participating Interference members :wink: :

1. What do you think of 'You Are The Quarry'?
2. How cool was it when The Smiths handed out flowers at their gigs?
3. Are you, like a lot of Smiths fans, also a big Cure fan despite the 'tension' between the two bands?
4. Why do people refer to this place as Interference when the forum actually seems to be called U2 Feedback?
5. I love your avatar Everlastinglove :drool:

I seem to be trying to turn this into some sort of INTERVIEW thread... :whistle:

;)

1. Not bad, i'm not really into Moz's solo stuff.
2. Very cool:cool:
3. I prefer The Cure:wink: and Bob is cooler than Moz
4. Because it is www.interference.com.....when in doubt just call it Blue Crack:D
5. Johnny Marr on guitar:drool:

Was there ever anything said by Marr that he was partly inspired by Edge's playing?...I just remember hearing something to that effect...but the Smiths came out in 1982 right? So it would have been only Boy and October that were out by then...so i'm inclined to not take heed of it, just wondering if anyone knows for certain?

I'll give it a shot..

it was a welcome return to form after the dissapointement of maladjusted.
it had some brilliant singles like Irish Blood and First of the gang to die.. However it wasn't his best.. not at all.
That honour is for Vauxhall and I and the more I listen to it, I think his new album is going to to take the number 2 position in the Morrissey solo album list.
It's just brilliant..

I never saw the Smiths live .. But I think it's mighty cool in an uncool way..

3. Are you, like a lot of Smiths fans, also a big Cure fan despite the 'tension' between the two bands?
I like The Cure but that's it. I have a best Off and that's suits me.. I think they are a bit overrated. They have some boring numbers and they don't touch me the way Morrissey does.. not t all..

It's great, although I didn't like it for almost half a year... but then it started to sink and it's just great (Think it'll be the same with the new one)

Never seen them live (Jeeez, they've been before me!!! ;)) But I think it's sooooo cool! We need more bands like The Smiths. They've been the best!

Well, no! I only really like Boys don't cry. But all in all I love MOZ!!!! Real bad!!!

4. Why do people refer to this place as Interference when the forum actually seems to be called U2 Feedback?

5. I love your avatar Everlastinglove

It's Ronnie O'Sullivan! (Snooker player - but I guess you knew! :))
Here's the link (I've made it smaller)

http://mindout.clarity.uk.net/1in4/images/ex_RSL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom