The HUGE (hopefully) Morrissey "Mozzer" (and of course The Smiths) Thread!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw There is a light video for the first time. And i have to tell you:it is most romantic video ever. (my fav.video of all times is actually "Two hearts beat as one" because of Petar Rowans extraordinary beauty and also romantic atmosphere of Paris).
Moz is SOOOO funny, so charming, i just cant believe that nobody loved him until now:ohmy:
The other video "Stop me if you think that you"ve heard this one before "is also brilliant. Bunch of young Wilde followers riding bicycles through beautiful streets of some british town(could be Manchester, i guess?)... Thing is: there is SO MUCH BEAUTY as much as humour and desperation. How soon is now is a bit heavy to watch, still brilliant. I am more and more in love with witty, warm, genius Moz.:heart: :yes:

I just ordered vinyls of Strangeways Here We Come and Meat is Murder and finally got around to buying The Queen is Dead on CD and I'm listening to it right now. Such an amazing album.

I Got Lost said:
I just ordered vinyls of Strangeways Here We Come and Meat is Murder and finally got around to buying The Queen is Dead on CD and I'm listening to it right now. Such an amazing album.

Queen Is Dead. My fave album along with Achtung Baby and Stone Roses. Utterly brilliant...

I would give anything to be a teenager in the mid-80's to early 90's

He's touring again..
Morrissey U.K. tour details are as follows:

Saturday 2 December - Glasgow - SECC
Monday 4 December - Newcastle - Metro Radio Arena
Tuesday 5 December - Nottingham - Nottingham Arena
Thursday 7 December - Birmingham - NIA
Friday 8 December - London - Wembley Arena
Friday 22 December - Manchester - G-Mex
Saturday 23 December - Manchester - G-Mex

Germany Tour

Dec. 12 Frankfurt.......Jahrhunderthalle
Dec. 13 Munich.........Zenith
Dec. 15 Dusseldorf...Philipshalle
Dec. 17 Berlin.......Arena Treptow
Dec. 18 Hamburg....Color Line Arena

And yes I have got Friday mourning and I am two people..
Both are great b-sides.. Thank god for I-tunes..

I'm surprised at how much I liked Ringleader of the Tormentors since everyone seems to either dislike it or be ambivalent about it. Life is a Pigsty = :drool:

You were one
You knew you were one
And you slid
Right through my fingers
No, not literally
But metaphorically
And, now you’re all I see
As the light fades
Lines like this, so beautiful, or witty like: You are depressed, but remarkably dressed:). His lyrics are just too good.

intedomine said:

I would give anything to be a teenager in the mid-80's to early 90's

I was! But i didnt listened to the Smiths or other alternative-dark stuff then.I was listening to Elvis and later punk. I went crazy for u2 in the early 90s(still brilliant period, i saw ZOO-tv). As for Moz, i love him since 1995. But, i think that Bonos and Moz"s genration got luck most of all of us....they were teenagers in late 70s , early 80s thats the real thing!

I was wondering what are yours favourite lines from Smiths/Morrissey?
The Quiet, i saw videos, but they have poor quality, i"m afraid!

girlhappy said:

I was wondering what are yours favourite lines from Smiths/Morrissey?
The Quiet, i saw videos, but they have poor quality, i"m afraid!

Yeah, it's not the best is it? Especially at the very start :yikes:

As for favourite lines... :hmm: well, I've always loved the lyrics to I Know It's Over (I may have mentioned it once or twice :wink: ) and I love the line:

Because the music that they constantly play
It says nothing to me about my life.

from Panic!

And:

Well, I'm afraid
It doesnt make me smile
I wish I could laugh

But that joke isnt funny anymore
It's too close to home
And it's too near the bone
It's too close to home
And it's too near the bone
More than you'll ever know

from That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore.

And probably about a million more but I've not listened to The Smiths or any music in a while (darn earphones :madspit: ) so these are the lyrics that have stuck in my head the most.

My favourite lyric has to be

"And when I'm lying in my bed
I think about life
And I think about death
And neither one particularly appeals to me
And if the day came when I felt a
Natural emotion
I'd get such a shock I'd probably lie
In the middle of the street and die
I'd lie down and die ...
Oh, oh"

Irishteen said:
My favourite lyric has to be

"And when I'm lying in my bed
I think about life
And I think about death
And neither one particularly appeals to me
And if the day came when I felt a
Natural emotion
I'd get such a shock I'd probably lie
In the middle of the street and die
I'd lie down and die ...
Oh, oh"

Irishteen, i figure you are very YOUNG. As such, you must have natural feelings left:shocked: At least, i had natural feelings back then. Aww...i hope it was just good lyrics to you.
I am out of natural feelings most of the time. But, there is always Moz to remind me that i am not alone, at least.:hug:
Recently, i have these lyrics in my mind :
Look once to me, Look once to me - then look away
And when they haul me down the hall
And when they kick me down the stairs
I see the faces all lined up before me
Of teachers and of parents
And bosses, who
All share a point of view
"You are a loser"
"You are a loser"

Friday / Friday mourning
Dressed in black
I won't be coming back
Friday / Friday mourning
Dressed in black
I won't be coming back

girlhappy said:

Irishteen, i figure you are very YOUNG. As such, you must have natural feelings left:shocked: At least, i had natural feelings back then. Aww...i hope it was just good lyrics to you.
I am out of natural feelings most of the time. But, there is always Moz to remind me that i am not alone, at least.:hug:
Recently, i have these lyrics in my mind :
And when they haul me down the hall
And when they kick me down the stairs
I see the faces all lined up before me
Of teachers and of parents
And bosses, who
All share a point of view
"You are a loser"
"You are a loser"

Friday / Friday mourning
Dressed in black
I won't be coming back
Friday / Friday mourning
Dressed in black
I won't be coming back

I'm 16, and you can call me John if you wish

those lyrics are from Friday Mourning right, one of the b-sides on You Are The Quarry? I like them

Yes. Friday mourning. His voice is so gentle and sad and beautiful.
How do you feel about Jack the ripper? This song is brilliant , IMO.
So atmospheric....lyrics great, also.

I like Jack The Ripper, though I've never heard the studio version of it, but I've heard the live one, pretty good song

what you think of Cemetry Gates, there's just something about that song that I just love, and why is Cemetery mis-spelled in the title? :wink:

I am so happy to give you really rare studio version of Jach the ripper
Here it is...http://www. .com/download/85333?PHPSESSID=fa12999c23510e3593271058e14a6e98

As for Cemetry gates..i dont know why is mis-spelled, who knows?When it comes to Moz, anything is possible and he likes to play with words:happy:
I like the song because Wilde is mentioned there, and i LOVE Wilde as musch as i love Moz and as much as Moz loves him. :ohmy:
Although i like the other two (poets)Keats and Yeats too, i find very amusing when Moz says "while Wilde is on my side" especially because Wilde is weird lover:)
Song is very cheerful, but you must please remeber...it was dreaded sunny day :silent:
Speaking of which....it reminds me of the lyrics:

A small boy, big ideas
You must please remember
A long road, with no turn-off
Oh, you must remember

Caught in your headlights
Like a frightened animal
You must remember

Someone cries twice nightly
Of course, I do remember
Someone cries and you think quite rightly so
But you refuse to remember

Caught in your headlights
Like a frightened animal
Oh, you must remember

Oh ...
Remember, remember
Oh ...
Remember, remember

Low-lights and long nights
I try hard to not remember
And you - too beautiful
I can't look

I've done so very many stupid things
It's too late (remember)

It"s just running through my head the whole day...

maybe it's just spelled the way Morrissey pronounces it

Yeah I enjoy the poets mentioned in it, especially "weird love Wilde", as Morrissey likes to call 'im

That reminds me of a lot of songs, really in a way cheerful sounding but the lyrics are the complete opposite

Which website did you upload that song on? Either my computer doesn't want to upload it or I don't know the address you used

Yeah since I'm a late bloomer to Morrissey and the Smiths, there's a lot of songs I've still yet to hear, I generally buy any Smiths/Morrissey album I find, but a lot of shops here don't have them

So far I have
Morrissey:
Beethoven Was Deaf
In The Future When All's Well(single)
Live At Earls Court
Ringleader of the Tormentors
Suedehead: The best of
Vauxhall And I
Viva Hate
You Are The Quarry (Deluxe Edition)
Your Arsenal

The Smiths:
Meat Is Murder
The Queen is Dead
Strangeways, Here we come

what one do you think I should buy next by either artist?

Well, you got essential albums of the Smiths. As for Moz, the weakest ones are:Kill uncle and Bona drag,although Bona drag is better. Maladjusted is a great album. Beethoven was deaf is brilliant. He knows i"d love to see him and Seasick, yet still docked live are just too beautiful and moving.
As for other artists....oh,my, it depends on what you like. Many fans of Moz are also Suede fans( as far as i know). I dont see the connection, really. I like Placebo, especially "Without you i am nothing" album. I like the Hot fuss of Killers, Disintegration of the Cure, Best of - Jesus and Mary Chain.
One kind soul sent me Jack the ripper, so i dont know any other site but this one. Hope it will work for you.
http://www. .com/files/85333

I'll keep a look out for Maladjusted, hopefully I'll find it at a cheap price

I've never actually listened to Suede or Placebo, I'll check them out if I see anything by them and have any money

and the link worked this time, thanks

Irishteen said:
How good is the concert on that DVD? I've seen it in the shops, is it worth buying?

Definitely. I dont know about other releases, i just started to collect them(it isnt available here).
Set list is amazing, he even sings Rush and a push and the land is ours which is the dearest Smiths song to me(If possible to choose). He is witty, sad in a beautiful way, happy, strong. I dont know, he is really attractive nowadays. Self-confident, mature, still rebel and maladjusted:drool:
Irishteen, did you buy anything new(of the albums)?

girlhappy said:

Irishteen, did you buy anything new(of the albums)?

no, I haven't, HMV never seems to have any albums I'm interested in at a decent price

I love "A rush and a push and the land is ours" I might have to check the DVD out just for that, but it will all depend on how much HMV feels like charging

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom